Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated Multi Season Program (MSP) Operations Assistant
with the ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team in Kunia, HI. The individual will assist in all phases of the program to support research and seed production in order to achieve the team's goals. This individual will join a fast-paced team focusing on delivering optimal results while continuing to optimize the processes of the group.
Twenty years from now, the earth's population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind's greatest challenges. Responsibilities include:
Required Education and Skills/Experience:
- Assist MSP Operations Associate in meeting the needs of all operating groups at the facility
- Participate in all operations activities including, but not limited to, various irrigation, scouting and fertigation processes
- Supervise Operations Technicians and Field Crew members in Operations activities including, but not limited to, various irrigation, scouting and fertigation processes
- Participate in all activities associated with the maintenance and upkeep of research farm equipment, infrastructure, and facilities
- Supervise Operations Technicians and Field Crew members in all activities associated with the maintenance and upkeep of research farm equipment, infrastructure, and facilities
- Assist in providing support for the ESH and Human Resources programs in both personal settings and in the supervision of Operations technician/field crew
- Support and Operate within ISO 9001 approved processes and work instructions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Desired Education and Skills/Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Basic understanding of the farming operations environment
- Basic understanding of mechanical skills to maintain and operate farm machinery and research equipment
- Valid driver's license
- Experience utilizing MS Word and MS Excel
- Willingness to expand computer skills as needed
- Ability to lead and motivate team members to achieve project goals
- Ability to function as a team member
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Who is Monsanto?
- Bachelor's Degree in Agronomy or a related field
- Master's Degree
- Three or more years of experience in agronomy, agricultural operations, or a similar field
- Experience in farm operations such as tillage, planting, fertilization, pest control, and irrigation with regard to research nurseries
- Prior experience supervising field crews
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you? Why work with us?
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
- Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
- We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
- Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.