The Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) in Reston is looking for a Business Applications Technical Architect who’s a technical seller with many years of experience as a developer and architect working with customers with complex business and technical requirements building Dynamics solutions and deploying them successfully. Foundational knowledge and expertise as an Architect of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and complimentary Microsoft and open source technologies are beneficial experience for the role.
The role requires both broad and deep technical understanding of Dynamics solution design with strategic consulting acumen, and excellent communication skills. Demonstrated ability to engage senior level decision makers through the solutions sales process, from discovery through solution design, is preferred. You should be an excellent presenter with experience delivering demonstrations to business and technical audiences.
As the MTC Business Applications Technical Architect you will collaborate with Microsoft’s largest and most strategic customers as an industry innovator that excites customers by listening to their business challenges and translating those requirements into solutions. Alongside other team members in your geography, you will play an important part in maximizing Microsoft’s long-term revenue growth. In addition to being focused on the solution sales cycle, you will also be responsible for the identification/creation of new Dynamics CRM solutions to drive market growth, incorporating a variety of Microsoft and partner technologies. You will be gaining the hearts and minds of customer decision makers enabling their vision through Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Cloud.
The Microsoft Technology Center is a state-of-the-art facility that combines experience and expertise to help our enterprise customers - EMPOWER. INNOVATE. TRANSFORM. We live Microsoft’s mission to “empower every person and every organization on the plant to achieve more” with a focus on our three bold ambitions - reinvent productivity & business processes, build the intelligent cloud platform, create more personal computing. This role will directly align with the ambition of reinventing productivity and business processes while supporting the other two.
The MTCs engage early in the project life-cycle where the customer is just beginning to define the vision, imagine the art of the possible and create an architectural roadmap. The role requires a passion for customers and an affinity for competitive engagement. The ability to explain abstract technical concepts in a business value context is ideal. You will lead Strategy Briefings, Design Sessions, Proofs of Concept (POC) and Hackathons to articulate the business opportunity, propose and validate solution architecture, and transfer knowledge on methodologies and change management. Business transformation is a critical component of the team’s DNA and experience to create innovation.
• Design, architect and prototype line of business applications that use Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Productivity platforms.
• Understand and articulate the possibilities of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Platform to create new line of business applications that go beyond traditional customer relationship management including field service, customer service, project service automation and customer insights.
• Provide pre-sales solution architecture guidance, POC support and deliver compelling demo experiences to business decision makers.
• Conduct hands on workshops to help guide customers to build business applications with Dynamics 365 as well as Microsoft’s Office 365 and Azure clouds.
• Identify competitive and market trends in the business process and CRM domain and create re-usable architectures with key partners that support the solution areas to address these trends.
Deliver speaking engagements evangelizing Dynamics 365 in business conferences.
• Collaborate with the US and WW MTC community to drive industry specific scenarios that deliver business value by using Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Cloud services.
• 10+ years of experience: Solution/sales engineer for a CRM, ERP, HCM or SaaS-based company or similar technology
• B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or 4 years equivalent technology related experience.
• As technical leader of multi-million-dollar business application deals requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry, and solution team members.
• Driving technical sales processes including pre-sales, POCs, project management.
• Successful track record of implementing end-to-end complex business apps and solutions.
• Successful track record of competitive displacement.
• Level-400 solution development (including coding)
Deep Technical Knowledge:
• Competitive knowledge of Customer Engagement, Operations, Customer /Field Service, and Sales Automation solutions such as: Salesforce, Oracle + Siebel/NetSuite, SAP CRM, Sugar, Pipedrive, HubSpot, Insightly, Workday, NetSuite, Infor, Sage, ClickSoftware, Astea’s Alliance, Coresystems, Infusionsoft, Chime, etc. Best-in-class Dynamics 365 technical knowledge
• Advanced skills in Visio, Visual Studio, and other integrated development environments and solutioning tools.
• Knowledge of related applications, relational database, web technology, and cyber-security.
• Knowledge of PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, PowerBI, Dashboards.
• Knowledge of Cortana Intelligence Suite, including the Microsoft Bot Framework and Cognitive Services.
• Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team to solve technical problems.
• Ability to be go-to technical expert for sales: explain, demo & prove the capabilities of Dynamics solutions and remove technical and competitive blockers.
• Lead cloud security, privacy, and compliance discussions.
• Understand and articulate Microsoft solution value messaging and present relevant and compelling business case examples to potential customers.
• Coordinate technical team resources for sales opportunities.
• Optimize partner engagements in competitive sales cycles.
• Orchestrate cross-workload solutions with TSPs aligned to other Microsoft products and services, such as Azure, Office 365, Enterprise Mobility, and Productivity.
• Provide feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and competitive intelligence.
• Advanced skills creating complex solution designs and Proofs of Concept with other MSFT, partner ISV and third-party applications.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.