At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a SAP Quality Management IT Specialist for the Corporate ERP Center of Excellence Group located in Maplewood, MN.
Here, you go!The person hired for the position of MTD SAP Quality Management Specialist will provide direction for all activities required for designing and implementing QM functionality for the manufacturing locations. The person will work with the Business Groups, Deploying Plants, Other Polaris Teams (LEX, FTS, MDM, etc.), and the SAP team to ensure alignment on global deployment schedule and activities. The person hired for this position must have the ability to work cross-functionally with teams from different businesses/staff groups and various countries/plants in a complex organization with differences in language, culture, and time zones. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the analysis, development and test of quality management (QM) processes in 3M's diversified manufacturing environments.
- Implement new processes, training and deployment activities for 3M's manufacturing deployments.
- Determine business case and cost benefit tradeoffs of new features and functionality as it relates to 3M's deployment strategy and long term needs.
- Support and maintain deployed global processes for QM.
- Collaborate both internally and externally to identify and resolve issues.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience with manufacturing and quality systems
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience in an IT analyst role
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and self-directed individual
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience with SAP
- Minimum five (5) years of cross-functional experience with SAP QM, with direct exposure in the blueprinting and implementation.
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience with SAP QM defining how QM is utilized for a global, multi-national company.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in SAP QM implementation various industries (Rolled goods, Chemicals, Electronics, and Life Science)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.