We are seeking an Architect to work on PayPal MUSE (Moving Up Shopping Experience) services platform. MUSE services team is responsible for providing REST APIs built with PayPal's standards. This team is also responsible for designing the database. Backend services and the data store that power MUSE use cases must be highly scalable and meet the highest performance standards. REST APIs will need to nimble with consistent response time of about 25 milliseconds. This individual will lead other engineers and also play significant role in influencing senior leadership on technical direction. This individual will be a subject matter expert on building scalable backend services, caching techniques, and performance optimization.
- Provide technical leadership; define best practices and approaches to build and manage services platform to handle MUSE use cases.
- Architect, Design and Implement REST APIs that confirm to industry standards
- Design and build data store that can service 100s of millions of users
- Lead and mentor other team members on design techniques, and coding standards
- Care strongly about developing stable platforms
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.