Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As a Sr. Software Datacenter Network Engineer of Core Network Services, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to lead the Automation for Datacenter Networks, Composable services, and Auto Remediation.
This position is part of PayPal's CPI organization. We deliver a seamlessly scalable, exceptionally efficient, highly reliable infrastructure and services platform in a hybrid cloud environment. The infrastructure engineering team designs, delivers and operates large-scale private and public cloud infrastructure for PayPal development and production environments. This is one of the largest hybrid cloud infrastructures in the world and runs on multiple technology stacks.
Core Network Services team responsible for architecture, design, and develop global site network to enable PayPal to serve customers in 200 countries across the globe. We are the team responsible to deliver global network footprint to deliver uninterrupted services to our customers. As part of our next generation network transformation journey we are seeking seasoned, passionate, and multi-faucet candidate to join the Core Network Services team at PayPal.
The engineer will interact closely with different development and operational teams at PayPal to drive the "Core Network Services Automation" from definition through delivery.Job Requirements:
- Passion to build Infrastructure Automation systems for large scale.
- Interface with internal teams, customers, and partners.
- Drive Datacenter network architecture and implementation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and business unit leadership in developing project objectives and timelines.
- Get involved at a hands-on level designing and writing code.
- Define project and release scope.
- Work with the team on detailed technical design.
- Drive detailed definition of feature requirements through discussions with product managers and customers.
- A Positive "can do" attitude with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas and see them to fruition
- Strong Software Engineering background is required
- Overall 4+plus years of experience in Java Development for Large Scale Production
- Background in System Engineering, Networking is definitely preferred.
- Prior Cloud Technology experience is preferred, especially OpenStack
- Hands on experience in SCM Tools like Git, gerrit, Crucible and IDEs like Eclipse.
- Strong experience in Java, JSP and REST
- Experience in Open Source frameworks like Spring, jBPM, Drools, Quartz Scheduler
- Strong experience in messaging middleware like Apache Active MQ, QPid, Kafka
- Experience in using JBoss and/or Tomcat.
- Deep working knowledge of networking technologies including Layer-2, Layer-3 protocols (xSTP, OSPF, BGP, ISIS, MPLS, RSVP-TE etc.)
- Deep hands-on experience in managing switches/routers from leading networking vendors Cisco/Juniper/Arista
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Experience with white-box switches is a plus
- Bachelors and/or Masters in computer science OR related filed of study
- 4 plus years of solid Java Software Development experience with proven track record
- 4 plus years experience in building Datacenter network services
- Must have 2 years Openstack experience
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.