We are looking to bring on-board an MTS II, Mechanical Engineer on a TEMP to HIRE basis. The Engineer will be responsible for assisting the overall design of Line Replaceable Units (LRU) with Design Engineers and overseas Manufacturing division which may include: mechanical design & development, sustaining, mechanical layout, analysis, evaluation, prototype and mass production build, and testing of mechanical, electronic, and electromechanical components and systems.
Responsible for assisting in the overall design of LRUs with Design Engineers and overseas Manufacturing division which may include: sustaining, design & development, layout, analysis, evaluation, prototype build, and testing of mechanical, electronic, and electro-mechanical components and systems; may have specific technical project or product responsibility.
• Work cohesively with design engineering and overseas manufacturing.
• Communicate and support the coordination efforts and activities between the design engineering and suppliers
• Design and review LRU sheet metal, plastic and machined enclosure and assemblies.
• Select hardware and material assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
• Develop tools, fixtures, and assembly aides to improve and standardize manufacturing processes, reduce rework, improve cycle time, increase productivity and capacity.
• Apply standard mathematical and hands-on techniques, procedures and criteria to engineering assignments.
• Perform qualitative and quantitative tests to determine properties, characteristics, and performance of materials, circuits, mechanisms, assemblies and systems.
• Conduct in-depth troubleshooting.
• Record and analyze LRU test data.
• Ability to integrate information from more than one discipline (Mechanical, Hardware, Software, Product Planning & Manufacturing Engineering) to achieve results or successfully complete difficult and challenging assignments within a specialized field.
• Assist supporting members of the team in the determination of a problem solution while giving consideration to form, fit, function, thermal, structural rigidity, weight, EMI, ESD, DFM, DFT, and cost.
• Participate with members of management in the design and development of products and analysis of customer requirements.
• Participate on CRB (Change Review Board) and facilitate communication for product design changes, reviews, change impact / implementation for products and parts.
• Demonstrated experience providing identifiable technical contributions to the success of a product or project.
• Ability to develop technical approach or design, resource, allocation or time schedule on projects.
• Ability in developing and implementing test methods and procedures.
• Ability to prepare technical reports and documentation for submission to management.
• Keep Lead and Management updated on current development, integration and test status.
• Ability to design using CREO preferred
• Excellent technical writing ability to prepare reports and documentation for submission to overseas manufacturing and management in English (Japanese is a plus)
• Knowledgeable with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering field.
• Must be capable of clearly identifiable contributions to the success of a product or project.
• Uses professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues
• Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
• BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or similar engineering degree is required.
• 3~6 years experience in areas such as Manufacturing and Product Design using CREO or equivalent CAD tool.
Ability to travel extensively to domestic, Japan and other international locations as required approximately 10% of the time.
Location/Division: United States;California;Lake Forest;26200 Enterprise Way Job Requisition: 1404020
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.