What you’ll be doing...
- Development of a highly scalable and available micro-service based platform and applications for Telematics.
- Develop custom features based on specifications and technical designs.
- Take responsibility for feature-focused unit and system testing
- Contribute to user acceptance testing procedures and monitoring results.
- Contribute to performance and load testing procedures and issue remediation.
What we’re looking for...
- 2+ years of Software Development experience using C++/Java/J2EE, web services, messaging, JPA.
- 2+ years of Hands-on experience with developing applications using Spring Boot and Spring Cloud.
- Strong understanding with distributed micro-service architecture with focus on Configuration Management, Service Discovery, and Distributed Tracing.
- Strong Experience with Enterprise Integration Patterns using Apache Camel.
- Solid understanding in developing high available, and scalable applications using microservices, and deploying to docker based platforms.
- Strong Experience in building Message Oriented Middleware applications using Kafka, RabbitMQ or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of Java best practices, system scalability, and performance tuning
- Strong Knowledge of RESTful services, XML, JSON is required
- Strong Experience writing unit and integration tests using tools as JUnit, EasyMock, Mockito, Spock or similar.
- Hands on experience working with relational (Oracle, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (Cassandra).
- Experience with source control using Git (or similar) and build management using Jenkins.
- Ability to independently develop solutions with minimal guidance.
- Understand and follow standard coding processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working as part of an agile scrum team.
- Experience with open-source technologies is a plus
- Experience in AWS is a plus.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.