Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer, who can contribute in the role of Quality Engineering. You will be working on Marketing Tech QE team in delivering best in class experiences to our customers. This position requires the candidate to collaborate with folks in other disciplines, specifically Product Management and Product Development, Analytics and Business. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter and team player, and a strong driver for results and continuous improvement. Responsibilities include own quality engineering for assigned product features. The strategy would first identify key aspects from a test perspective and then answer questions like how, when and where these key aspects will be applied (automation, scripts, manual).
· Define overall test strategy for assigned features.
· Estimate testing effort, prioritize projects, plan implementations and help rollout changes
· Define automation strategy and ensure testability
· Write best in class code to automate testing for your assigned feature areas
· Develop deep understanding of the product, engineering processes, tools and concepts in order to effectively narrow down defects. Ability to not only find a defect but also to narrow it down to the root cause.
· This position does require experience to do manual testing as well
· Participates in test design and test systems architecture discussions, proposes and discusses solutions to system and product changes that are related to domain area
· Document defects effectively and work with Development team to triage and troubleshoot defects
· Coordinate testing across multiple teams
· Participate in product and technology initiatives and recommend improvements
· Work with other QE engineers, product managers, and product developers to ensure that product specifications describe innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality,
performance, scalability, and reliability, and result in achievable implementation schedules and a product that meets agreed-upon quality standards
· Identify process, technology challenges and deficiencies that need to be addressed and drive those changes to successful adoption
· Identify project risks, dependencies and be able to provide alternatives yielding reduced risk
Looking for a customer-focused, resourceful, detail-oriented, adaptable, and flexible individual. The ideal candidate will have solid technical background and ability to provide technical leadership. Your background will include successful collaboration in cross-functional teams to deliver products of excellent quality which achieve the business goals. You must be a proactive and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
In addition, you must possess:
Ø Experience developing and/or testing Java and RESTful/SOA service based applications.
Ø Experience with testing tools and test frameworks development.
Ø Experience with leading projects and delivering them on-time with an excellent quality.
Ø 8+years’ experience in Java, requirements analysis, design and testing of scalable, distributed fault-tolerant applications.
Ø Proficiency with source control management such as Git.
Ø Experience with Oracle, Hadoop and being able to read and write hive/pig and SQL scripts is a plus
Ø Strong background in math, statistics, machine learning, information retrieval, distributed systems and scalable data processing is a plus
Ø Demonstrates an exceptional customer focus, ensures that provided solutions accurately reflect the real needs and uses of the end users
MSCS/MSEE highly desirable, BSCS or BSEE or other four-year degree in a relevant field is required