At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Plant Engineering Multi Skilled Maintenance/Electrical Technician for the Industrial Adhesives & Tape Division located in Springfield, MO. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Multi Skilled Technician
will provide technical systems assistance for:
- Installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and modification of production equipment including electrical, electronic, robotics, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems
- Troubleshoot and solve complex equipment problems
- Development and implementation of maintenance procedures and techniques for a safe, reliable and efficient operation of the plant
- Analyzing available data to improve the equipment maintenance plan
- Training and development of the maintenance and production work force
include but are not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and improve mechanical equipment and components. These components may include:
- Pneumatic and hydraulic components
- Bearings and mounting systems
- Gearboxes and transmissions
- Pumps, valves, pumping systems and minor piping repairs
- Clutch, brakes and drive components
- Couplings and drive linkages
- Alignment and vibration data
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and improve systems components. These activities may include:
- Drive control components & I/O
- PLC devices & logic
- Working knowledge of controls programming
- Field devices
- Network systems and communication
- Troubleshoot, maintain and improve standard adjustments to machinery including fixed and variable speed power transmission systems and reciprocating piston equipment.
- Perform basic machining:
- Set up and operate shop equipment and portable power tools
- Use precision measuring equipment for machining
- Troubleshoot, maintain and improve web handling systems:
- Adjust speeds
- Equipment tramming
- Adjust, replace, and repair web steering systems
- Adjust, calibrate and repair tension controls
- Maintain and improve vacuum pumps, hydraulic pumps, chemical feed pumps, centrifugal pumps, gear pumps, vane pumps, auger and screw pumps and pneumatic diaphragm pumps
- Perform millwright tasks:
- Moving material, equipment and machinery using standard methods of lifting, rigging, hoisting, blocking, skidding and rolling. Level and tram rolls
- Troubleshoot and repair low voltage electrical equipment and may include:
- Replace and wire motors
- Replace fuses
- Replace or adjust micro switches, proximity switches, photo eyes etc.
- Perform basic welding and fabrication tasks
- Perform Preventive, Predictive, and Emergency Maintenance inclusive of:
- Production equipment, lifting, hoisting and material handling equipment, safety devices and facility utilities following standard procedures as indicated on PM route sheets or in equipment manuals
- Set-up PM's on new equipment
- Update PM's on existing equipment
- Review cycle time of existing pm
- Complete shop records and use reporting system following established procedures as required for effective performance of the job or operation of the department
- Troubleshoot and solve complex electrical systems and design problems
- Contribute to Manufacturing Conscious Engineering by participating in development and coordination of engineering projects, including design, procurement and installation of new equipment and modification of existing equipment
This position may require working:
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment
- Weekend work
- Holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage
- High School Diploma/GED or Higher
- Possess or in the last 6 months of pursuing a two year technical degree in a maintenance field.
- Associates/Bachelors degree in Industrial Technology
- Experience with PLC programming
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated history of good customer relations, communication skills, and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated willingness to work overtime
- Possess a good understanding of PLC programming
- Possess a good understanding of drive control
- Possess a good understanding of site HMI operation
- Possess a good understanding for mechanical design & operation, including hydraulics, pneumatics, gear boxes, lubrication, etc.
- Possess good documentation skills
- Have the ability to read, understand, and update electrical prints
- Possess a good understanding of computer and network fundamentals
- Must have basic understanding of PdM, PM, and condition monitoring techniques
: Springfield, MORelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Will be required to pass the 3M Plant Engineering Skills Assessment in order to complete the probationary period
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.