Las Palmas Medical Center is a Level III Trauma, 186-private patient room, full service acute care hospital. Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive healthcare and provides leading-edge technologies. Our Lifecare Center offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, as well as our fully equipped fitness and wellness center in one convenient location. We also house the region's only Kidney Transplant Center.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
Performs a variety of duties relating to administration of electromyography, electroencephalogram, visual and evoked responses, and somatosensory. Knowledge of medical terminology. Able to communicate effectively with physicians, patients, managers, and the public. Able to recognize and report abuses and neglect in patients. Ability to operate and perform basic maintenance on all machines used. Knowledge of departmental quality assurance program collects data. Implements policies and reports information in a timely manner to the department manager/director.
1. Preparation of EEG, BAER, VER examinations
- Coordinates scheduling of patient and examinations
- Instructs patients on preparation and examinations.
- Prepares equipment and gathers supplies prior to exam.
2. Administration of EEG, EMG, BAER, and VER exams.
- Takes patient history, prepares patient for the exam, operate equipment to administer exams.
3. Post examination duties.
- Copy and file EEG/EMG results.
- Log patient's name and procedure performed.
- Chart and mail reports to requesting physicians.
- File all reports.
4. Performs maintenance checks and calibrates all machines.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Individual Leadership/Practices Professionalism: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance, opportunities for personal growth and ability to change.
2. Customer Service: Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers
3. Hospital/Departmental Policies and Procedures: Knowledgeable of all policies and procedures that affect the outcomes of patient care, employee rights and responsibilities.
4. Performance Improvement: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates performance improvement activities within the departmental level
5. Financial Accountability: Identifies opportunities for waste reduction and department efficiency
6. Communication: Works as a team member through interaction, assistance and demonstration
7. Job Specific: Neurodiagnostic Technician
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
Completion of an accredited school for Neurodiagnostics preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Registered EEG/EMG preferred. Current BCLS.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Two years of experience performing EEG/EMG preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Reads and writes basic English.
Knowledge of body substance isolation
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
Management skills; ability to motivate and lead staff in the workplace and make recommendations for change.
Management skills: ability to plan and organize to reach a common goal
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom