At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Multi-Skill Maintenance Mechanic for the 3M Purification Division located in Stafford Springs, CT. Here, you go. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Multi Skill Maintenance Mechanic
will be responsible for providing technical systems assistance for installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and modification of production equipment including electrical, electronic, robotics, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems. Troubleshoot and solve complex equipment problems. Development and implementation of maintenance procedures and techniques for a safe, reliable and efficient operation of the plant. Analyzing available data to improve the equipment maintenance plan. Training and development of the maintenance and production work force. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and improve mechanical equipment and components. These components may include:
- Pneumatic and hydraulic components
- Bearings and mounting systems
- Gearboxes and transmissions
- Pumps, valves, pumping systems and minor piping repairs
- Clutch, brakes and drive components
- Couplings and drive linkages
- Alignment and vibration data
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and improve systems components. These activities may include:
- Drive control components & I/O
- PLC devices & logic
- Working knowledge of controls programming
- Field devices
- Network systems and communication
- Troubleshoot, maintain and improve standard adjustments to machinery including fixed and variable speed power transmission systems and reciprocating piston equipment Perform basic machining:
- Set up and operate shop equipment and portable power tools
- Use precision measuring equipment for machining
- Troubleshoot, maintain and improve web handling systems:
- Adjust speeds
- Equipment tramming
- Adjust, replace, and repair web steering systems
- Adjust, calibrate and repair tension controls
- Maintain and improve vacuum pumps, hydraulic pumps, chemical feed pumps, centrifugal pumps, gear pumps, vane pumps, auger and screw pumps and pneumatic diaphragm pumps Perform millwright tasks:
- Moving material, equipment and machinery using standard methods of lifting, rigging, hoisting, blocking, skidding and rolling. Level and tram rolls
- Troubleshoot and repair low voltage electrical equipment and may include:
- Replace and wire motors
- Replace fuses
- Replace or adjust micro switches, proximity switches, photo eyes etc.
This position may require:
- Perform basic welding and fabrication tasks Perform Preventive, Predictive, and Emergency Maintenance inclusive of:
- Production equipment, lifting, hoisting and material handling equipment, safety devices and facility utilities following standard procedures as indicated on PM route sheets or in equipment manuals
- Set-up PM's on new equipment
- Update PM's on existing equipment
- Review cycle time of existing pm
- Complete shop records and use reporting system following established procedures as required for effective performance of the job or operation of the department Troubleshoot and solve complex electrical systems and design problems Contribute to Manufacturing Conscious Engineering by participating in development and coordination of engineering projects, including design, procurement and installation of new equipment and modification of existing equipment
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working on holidays as needed
- Short notice call in
- Working a second shift (depending on shift availability)
- Working a third shift (depending on shift availability)
- Possess a one (1) year certificate or diploma in an electro-mechanics field
- Must have the ability to read, understand, and update electrical prints
- Must possess a good understanding of computer and network fundamentals
- Basic understanding of preventative maintenance, and condition monitoring techniques
- Experience with PLC programming
- Possess a good understanding for mechanical design & operation, including hydraulics, pneumatics, gear boxes, lubrication, etc.
: Stafford Springs, CTRelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
This posting is for a Multi-Skill Maintenance Mechanic position at 3M Stafford Springs. Qualified applications may be considered when Multi-Skill Maintenance openings occur at 3M Stafford Springs for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.