At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
3M is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic for the Industrial Mineral Products located in Wausau, WI. Here, you go. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Maintenance Mechanic will work as a teammate with engineering and production personnel to increase equipment reliability through troubleshooting, modification, fabrication, welding, and repair of plant equipment, utilities and processes. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Works to be accident free. Observes all safety rules, policies, and precautions during the course of departmental operations. Reports any unsafe work conditions. Submits safety ideas to Safety Suggestion Program
- Installs, maintains, repairs and modifies mechanical equipment and systems used in production, laboratory, offices and facilities areas
- Diagnoses, repairs and makes adjustments bucket elevators, bag houses, conveyors, pumps, boilers, compressors, rotary equipment, air handlers, plant process and support equipment
- Sets up and safely uses shop, and portable equipment such as electric drills, welders, angle grinder, band saws, plasma torch, oxyacetylene torch, brake, hoist, bridge crane,
- Notifies supervisor if any equipment is not operating properly
- Notifies supervisor of any upset conditions affecting quality of the product
- Works from both written and verbal instructions
- Works in areas where the environment may be either hot, cold, humid, dry, dusty, or dirty
- Handles, packages, labels, or transports RCRA hazardous waste. Responds to hazardous waste spills
- Meets all customer expectations
- Participates in OJT of new personnel
- Completes required safety and regulatory training. Participates in monthly crew meetings
- Performs other related duties as required to promote team effort in achieving department objectives
- Follows established departmental housekeeping, safety practices and Standard Operating Procedures
- Responsible for any and all miscellaneous duties as directed by the supervisor
- Candidates to supply their own toolbox and set of tools needed for this type of position ("Large" and special tools will be provided by 3M)
- Working rotating shifts
- Working extended hours
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working on holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage as needed
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. both assisted and un-assisted
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Possess a two (2) year technical degree in a maintenance field OR a minimum of two (2) years of maintenance work experience
- Possess a current and valid Driver's License
- Possess a two (2) year technical degree AND five (5) years of industrial maintenance experience
- Welding certificate from an accredited institution
- Related experience in a heavy industrial environment
- Knowledge and experience with electrical equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work independently or with teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to operate, maintain and repair tools and equipment
: Wausau, WIRelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
This posting is for a Maintenance Mechanic position at 3M Wausau, WI. Qualified applications may be considered when Maintenance Mechanic openings occur at 3M Wausau, WI for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.