At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
3M is seeking a Multi-Craft Mechanic for the Industrial Adhesive Tape Division located in Knoxville, Iowa. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Multi-Craft Mechanic will safely install, maintain, repair, move, replace, modify, troubleshoot, diagnose, adjust, calibrate and perform preventive maintenance on industrial and commercial equipment and devices used in production, laboratory, office, and utility areas. Must have the ability to apply and implement local, state, federal, and 3M codes and regulations to ensure equipment safety and operability. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Troubleshoot/Repair mechanical equipment and components to include bearings, bushings, gear boxes, transmissions, motors, conveyor belts, pump seals, brakes, clutches, and drives
- Troubleshoot/Repair pneumatic and hydraulic equipment
- Perform basic machining using precision measuring equipment
- Troubleshoot/Repair web handling systems to include encoders, tachometers, AC & DC drive controls, and web steering systems
- Maintain and repair vacuum, hydraulic, chemical feed, centrifugal, gear, vane, auger, screw, and pneumatic diaphragm pumps
- Repair and replace piping, tubing and associated fittings
- Perform millwright tasks to include maintenance of lifting and hoist equipment and leveling/tramming of rollers
- Troubleshoot/Repair electrical equipment to include wire motors, contactors, relays, motor starters, circuit breakers, disconnects, transformers, and AC/DC power supplies
- Troubleshoot/Diagnose/Repair electronic equipment to include PLC's operator interface stations, and sensors
- Perform welding and fabrication tasks
- Perform preventive maintenance on production, material handling, safety devices and plant utility equipment
This position may require:
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working holidays as needed
- Working a 12-hour night shift
- Short notice shift coverage
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum of five (5) years of industrial maintenance experience OR an Associate's degree (or greater) in a technical discipline
- Minimum five (5) years industrial maintenance experience AND an Associate's degree (or greater) in a technical discipline
- A minimum of three (3) years of Multi-Craft Mechanic experience in an industrial environment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing the following types of equipment in a manufacturing environment: motors, pumps, web handling systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, drive systems and related components, valves, brakes, and clutches
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical and electronic equipment to include PLC's, sensors, and operator interface stations
- Ability to perform basic machining, fabrication, welding, pipefitting, and millwright tasks
- Self-motivate, team oriented, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Understand and follow both oral and written instructions
: Knoxville, IowaRelocation:
is n ot authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
This posting is for a Multi-Craft Mechanic position at 3M Knoxville, Iowa. Qualified applications may be considered when Multi-Craft Mechanic openings occur at 3M Knoxville, Iowa for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition. About 3M
Do you see the world differently? Are you inspired by how a simple shift can result in big change? Do you share your ideas in the hopes of coming up with something even better by working together? Then join 3M! With 88,000 people around the world in more than 70 countries and $30 billion in sales, 3M is committed to building on our rich heritage by bringing our best to the innovations we create. Be part of improving how people live and work every day. Be part of what's next at 3M! Follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.