At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is
seeking a Multi-Craft Mechanic for the Electronics and Energy Business Group located in Decatur, AL. Here, you go!Job Summary:The person hired for the position of a Multi-Craft Mechanic will maintain, repair, and install electrical and Mechanical related equipment in a safe, timely, and effective manner under the current policies of 3M Decatur. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
• Install, modify and upgrade electrical, electronic, mechanical, and computer equipment
• Troubleshoot malfunctions in operating equipment
• Perform tests and inspections of equipment and preventative maintenance to ensure proper operation of equipment
• Calibrate and certify shop and process equipment
• Troubleshoot, maintain and repair mechanical equipment, AC/DC electrical systems, PLC's, HMI's, motors, controls, VFD's and related equipment
• Assist in developing plans to correct equipment deficiencies
• Maintain good record keeping systems
• Oversee contracted work, and work with multiple groups around the plant
• Other duties as assigned or necessaryThis position will require working:
- holidays as needed
- Short notice call-in
- Rotating shifts
- Possess a high school diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in a multi-craft mechanical/electrical and controls maintenance position OR within the last six (6) months of obtaining a two-year technical degree/diploma in a multi-craft technology program or equivalent with experience in a work study program
- Associate Degree in electrical technology
- Associate Degree in mechanical technology
- 4 years of Multi Craft experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance
: Decatur, ALRelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.