Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Power Generation Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Seymour, IN for a Multidisciplinary Optimization Engineer. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems Product Validation. Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Uses existing technical engineering methods, performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer in the area of testing and analysis of engine and engine related components for stress, strain, fatigue, noise and vibration. Applies (as acquired via formal education or technical experience) standard practices and techniques in specific situations, analyzes and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows established procedures and operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes to derive a solution or conclusion.
- Uses prescribed and innovative methods, and works with limited guidance.
- Participates as a team member and actively contributes towards team goals.
- Carries out partially defined and moderately complex tasks.
- Demonstrates good understanding and applies knowledge of an engineering discipline.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Applies engineering and/or scientific skills and continues to develop experience in creating engineering solutions.
- 0 to three years, after receiving technical degree.
- This role is embedded in applied mechanics but will be cross-functional in nature as it will involve optimization across performance, controls, mechanical/fluids domain, etc.
- This position will not require an expert in all of these domains but a person knowledgeable in CMI systems, modelling and simulation tools/techniques and optimization tools/techniques.
This role will have a strong emphasis on the facilitating of large scale multidisciplinary optimization (MDO) studies to guide architecture/component design and failure investigation.
Key skills/experiences desired but are not all essential:
- Understanding of basic optimization theory and application to engineering problems
- Experience with optimization tools/algorithms applied in engineering (e.g. Cybercal, modeFRONTIER, MATLAB FMINCON, Genesis, etc.)
- Experience/awareness of core CMI modeling and simulation tools (e.g. ANSYS, GT-Power, Fluent, etc.) and their usecases
- Experience with Linux/HPC usage
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Understanding of statistical analysis and application of DFSS methodologies
College, university, or equivalent Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required. Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.