Reports any information that poses risk to the best interest of the Company. Researches, provides guidance and direction on matters requiring examination. Responsible for developing, recommending, and implementing programs, procedures, techniques, and equipment which will ensure the safety, security, profitability, and resiliency of our customers, team members, locations, and assets. Utilizes knowledge and understanding of store operations that may directly or indirectly affect Asset Protection goals and objectives. Directly manages assigned team members/contracted security professionals. Establishes and maintains partnerships with leadership within the unique APS geographic territory of responsibility. Job Responsibilities
- Applies knowledge of federal, state, and local laws as they relate to the rights of team members and non-employees.
- Proactively identifies and reports on potential and actual exposure to loss of Company assets. Develops means to minimize risk, ensure compliance to Company policy and provide guidance to store personnel on detecting and preventing loss.
- Establishes and maintains communication avenues with Store and District Management, the Asset Protection Solutions (APS) department, key Company stakeholders, and outside agencies to ensure that established Asset Protection goals and objectives are being met to minimize loss of profits and achieve comprehensive loss targets.
- Manages third party contracted guard force to ensure training on and adherence to policy and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, developing and implementing post orders, training, and scheduling.
- Communicates and coordinates with the Asset Protection Solutions department including the Asset Protection Managers, Operations Loss Prevention, and other APS staff to reduce shrink and minimize risk in our stores and corporate facilities. Maintains regular communications with Pharmacy & Retail Operations, and other Corporate Departments to foster cooperative efforts to prevent or minimize profit loss, to include regular discussions, presentations, training, and reports.
- Reviews budget-to-plan and performs financial analysis of asset protection programs across the enterprise in order to recommend and implement cost savings initiatives.
- Provides guidance and programmatic oversight to other team members, including but not limited to, APS team members in the field.
- Ensures store security objectives are consistently applied based on location needs.
- Where applicable, develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of Pharmacy & Retail Operations policies & procedures, and auditing standards. Maintains an awareness of research of developments in the Asset Protection field that relate to job responsibilities. Conducts testing of new solutions and leads cross-functional teams to ensure implementation is completed and within budgets.
- Collaborates with accounts payable, store managers and within APS to ensure payments are made to vendors within set time frames.
- Analyzes and distributes Area and District specific data to the field. Reviews data exceptions to support strategy implementation aligned with operational goals and objectives.
- Supports all business units within the geographic territory of responsibility and provides the designated service level agreements established to drive APS consistency and awareness around safety, security, profitability, and resiliency.
- Manages a robust case load that includes travel, training, meeting attendance, and other incremental support of the organization.
- Manages day-to-day activities of a group of employees. Assigns, monitors and reviews progress and accuracy of work, direct efforts and provide technical guidance on more complex issues. Oversees and initiates the hiring, firing, and performance review processes.
- Provides management to the team to meet objectives, improve processes and improve stakeholder's satisfaction. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the department/company.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.