Responsibilities for this role in working on a large enterprise team supporting large, highly complex databases include the following:
- 7+ year's MYSQL database administration, management or design experience.
- 7+ years of MYSQL 5.6, 5.7 on Red Hat Linux, using Oracle CRS technology for clustering
- 5+ years of MYSQL database design experience including:
- Experience with infrastructure components including operating system, storage, network, hardware, VMs
- Experience with Linux
- Good Understanding of Shared Database Hosting environments.
- Good Understanding of the underlying database infrastructure: systems, storage and networking.
- Ability to take a lead role in projects that have a broad impact.
- Ability to mentor others teammates.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong negotiating skills needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Lead engagements with application and database administration partners for optimization and efficiency with Infrastructure and Engineering processes. * Ability to see the big picture and influence future direction in alignment with DVE/ DAN and EDM goals. * Consult with and advise senior management and multiple clients on high impact data or database management issues, influencing strategic direction. * Apply DB administration, scripting and analytical skills to develop common automation framework. * Produce high quality database solution assessment and design documentation * Present details of solutions with technical experts and share the merits of the solution with the leadership team. * Have technical depth and breadth to have a high level understanding of new technologies and products in the market. * Negotiate challenging, controversial situations with database team partners and clients * Engage on research and POC with new technologies. * Mentor, coach, train DBAs on new technologies and tools.About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.