Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. N.A. Consumer Cost Analyst - Round Rock, TX
This role will perform variance analysis between actual and standard costs to assist management in decision making or other financial Initiatives. Will be responsible for accuracy of cost inputs that feed directly into BU PnL.Accountabilities include:
- Develops cost outlooks and activities for specific product(s) or solution(s)
- Oversees the analysis and evaluation of product/commodity costs to define product strategies and identify opportunities to expand market share
- Develops content for internal and external audiences relaying product/solution strategies and value propositions, including customer presentations and sales training materials
- Works with demand, supply, and pricing teams to ensure accurate forecasting, and pricing for products/ solutions under management
- Provides input into: item forecast & mix planning, category UPP and BU offer strategy
- Provides input into product pricing playbooks (may also draft the playbooks)
- Leads analysis of complex product cost modeling and performs product marketing activities through entire life-cycle
- Responsible for product business plan inputs, cost forecasts, profit and loss, margins, risk factors, overall business plan, pricing analysis and recommendations
- Responsibilities include assessing market requirements, investigating new technologies, developing recommendations for technical product direction, establishing plans as well as strategies and roadmap plan-of-records Guides product introductions and product updates
- Responsible for product business plan, forecasts, profit and loss, margins, risk factors, overall business plan, pricing analysis and recommendations
- Position requires ability to interface with all levels of organization including the executive management team as well as external customers, executive management, press and industry analysts
- Financial and general business acumen
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to control meetings and presentation skills
- Master's degree preferred and 3-5 years in a finance, product management, pricing, business analytics, merchandising role, preferable in an IT related industry
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell's team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work. Dell
is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell
encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Marketing
Job ID: R17924
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.