NA Business Analyst-Senior Manager, Patient Capability/Access360
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a NA Business Analyst-Senior Manager, Patient Capability/Access360
in Gaithersburg, MD,
you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. IT
provides support and solutions globally, solves complex operational and business challenges, enables innovation and increases growth by bridging Information Technology and science with superior technical expertise.Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Business Analyst is responsible for understanding the business needs and analyzing, validating and documenting the business and system requirements that address these needs either alone in small to medium size projects; or as lead or a member of a BA team in a large project, and ensures the solutions developed satisfy the needs of the business. The role assists in designing processes and changes to processes that will be used to implement the business transformation solutions. This is done through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business processes, systems, and industry requirements.
- Define and draft system scope and objectives and translate these business requirements into design specifications ensuring that requirements are effectively met, tested and implemented
- Proactively research products, procedures, and/or workflow needs and identify ways to capture, validate and integrate information to improve overall business process performance
- Identify and resolve gaps between new and existing business processes and applications and facilitate implementation of new business processes and modifications
- Liaise between the IS teams and the business to agree on user requirement scope and delivery
- Proactive issue management and escalation
- Work collaboratively with:
- Business Product Owners, SMEs and other stakeholders to identify, verify and document functional and technical requirements using requirements management methodology and tools
- Business Relationship Managers to develop relationships with the business, and act as their point of contact for application development
- Architecture function to ensure appropriate translation of business requirements into technical design and on the development of the Current and Future Logical Model and Data Models
- Solution development team (internal or external) to effectively transition designs, ensuring clear understanding of requirements and on developing test cases and test scripts to ensure requirements are met
- Application/Software Developers and/or the Support Organisation, acting as focal point for question resolution
- Process owners to facilitate implementation of new business processes and modifications
- Degree in a related discipline
- Proven experience of variety of business analysis tools/techniques
- Proven experience of variety of software and integrated complex systems in a quality and compliance environment
- Strong communication, organisation and facilitation skills
- Excellent business engagement and business acumen
- The ability to design, define and implement solutions to different customer groups
- Hands-on experience implementing/supporting Salesforce.com Service Cloud
- Experience of working with and managing third party suppliers/vendors
- Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/ geographical context
- LEAN Sigma training
- Pharmaceutical business awareness
Next Steps - Apply today!
- Experience of Agile project management methodologies with the ability to manage a number of projects
- Benefits investigation
- Preauthorization knowledge
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
A little about us:
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.