GE Global Operations
Global Operations North America
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries and around the world. It's how we've sustained a 130-year record of innovation and reputation for leadership. It's how we solve the toughest challenges for our customers and society. Developing people allows us the build, power, move and cure. It prepares us all for the future. Today, that is as important as ever. Globalization and technology are converging with unprecedented speed to reshape every job, workplace and industry. Our commitment to developing people starts with a belief that education systems must align early and always with the changing requirements of the new economy. It continues with the understanding that employers and educational institutions must collaborate over skills development, enabling people to learn new, relevant skills and work smarter over the entire course of a career. And it creates global leaders, people who can navigate the complexity of our times with clarity, courage and integrity. Developing people is commitment that doesn't just make us better; it makes everyone better. Let GE invest in helping you grow both personally and professionally.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
NA Global Operations Customs Post Entry Strategy Leader
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
This role will be responsible for leading the Post Importation Compliance process while simplifying day to day operations of post entry filing with government Customs authorities.
* Provide oversight of third part provider, focusing on simplification of post entry filing & reconciliation processes and implement process improvements as necessary
* Manage Post Entry activities such as CF28, CF29, protests, refunds, Post entry amendments to ensure affective time management by 3rd party
* Analyze cause, and develop improvement strategy, to minimize need for post-entry filings. Work with businesses, suppliers, and customers, to implement process changes to increase benefits taken at time of original declaration
* Develop and implement strategy for longer-term post entry compliance structure
* Develop and communicate need for improved procedures and provide immediate compliance improvement recommendations upstream in the import processes, working closely with Import Operations Leader & respective team members
* Work with the third party post entry team and provide compliance management support.
* Provide advice and project leadership in the development and implementation of Customs regulations, and other government agency requirements affecting imports and exports in the region
* Support various metrics and monitoring programs related to assigned responsibilities
* Identify Customs risk areas and develop actionable plans and procedures to mitigate those risks
* Accumulate required data and file yearly ANL for IORs participating in ISA
* Bachelors' degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, International Studies or Equivalent. Customs Broker's License or like Professional Certification
* Minimum of 3+ years direct Customs Experience and 5+ years business experience.
* Demonstrated experience in program leadership
* Demonstrated dedication to compliance adherence
* Demonstrated extensive knowledge and understanding of Customs Regulations
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate tasks of varying complexity through the application of technical, administrative, and analytical skills. Strong organizational skills required.
* Demonstrated high-level professional ability in both oral and written communication required
* Highly effective interpersonal communication skills with emphasis on building good working relations
* Demonstrated professional qualities to perform effectively in a corporate environment; knowledgeable about how organizations function and how to get things done through formal and/or informal channels; must be effective team leader
* Experience with Reconciliation strongly preferred
* Proficient in Microsoft Applications
* Licensed Customs Broker
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Process Management
* Technical Learning
* Decision Quality
* Interpersonal Relations
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.