The NA Glyphosate Operational Product Manager (OPM) provides oversight and direction for US Glyphosate and Canada Crop Protection and has responsibility for ensuring alignment across all of the business' stakeholders on sales demand and production to deliver a best in class customer experience while meeting the relevant chemistry, as well as the Crop Protection business' profitability goals.
The OPM is responsible for leading the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process for the different regions and chemistries and influences across various functions including Marketing, Field Sales, Manufacturing, Finance and Logistics. This role is a key partner for the business and is a member of strategic teams providing direction and contributing on new products, Long Range Plans, operational improvements and go to market approaches.
• Lead the Supply and Operational Planning Process for the relevant region and chemistries, balancing business needs across all regions.
• Ensure alignment through effective communication and influencing across functions incl. sales, marketing, manufacturing, logistics, finance, regulatory and quality assurance to ensure that business targets are met.
• Translate the various business and market inputs into an accurate business forecast for owned products
• Holistically manage the order bank to ensure demand and product availability targets are achieved together with managing channel inventory levels
• Lead and influence weekly PAV teams in the execution of supply and delivery plans
• Drive the resolution of cross-functional issues and lead operational launch team(s) and coordinate across functions to ensure successful implementation
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of all relevant operational processes and marketing programs
• Actively participate in US & Canada commercial business teams representing Customer Care
• Provide guidance to the Demand Planning Analyst on analysis and reporting needs for the Glyphosate business
Competencies / Skills:
• Results orientation with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Self directed with strong initiative and focus on continuous improvement
• Strong planning and reporting ability
• Strong business acumen, with foresight for current and future business needs to proactively implement solutions
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Demonstrated leadership across functions and obtaining results through influence in a matrix culture
• Customer focus
• Team oriented with ability to lead through change in a fast paced environment
• Aptitude for learning and using system tools (e.g. SAP, planning and reporting systems)
• Highly effective communication, both written and verbal
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and working knowledge of SAP
Education & Experience:
• Bachelors' Degree in supply chain, agriculture, agribusiness, engineering or related field
• Demand planning experience
• 5+ years experience in supply chain
Knowledge of crop protection chemicals and the ag industry
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.