NA Small Business Lead – Planning & Transformation - Round Rock, TX
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: January 05, 2017
Reference ID: 1700009B
NA Small Business Lead – Planning & Transformation – Round Rock, TX
Dell’s Marketing Vision is to be a world-class, innovative and customer-focused marketing organization that shapes our offerings, influences our stakeholder’s perceptions and behaviors, and drives growth and profitability. Dell provides boundless opportunities for lateral and upward mobility and growth. We have a Mentor Connect program that enables you to seek mentorship to support personal and professional development. Dell also has “Marketing University” that provides marketers tools and courses to develop and strengthen functional marketing skills, deepen technical expertise, enhance personal effectiveness, and strengthens leadership skills.
The Small Business Team is one of the fastest growing businesses at Dell Worldwide. It is not only a critical pillar for the success for the Commercial Organization given its crucial role as a point of marketing entry to acquire new business customers, but also, the margin driver for the CSB group. This positive performance has allowed the team to constantly get incremental resources (marketing funds, flexibility on pricing, etc) to accelerate its momentum and continue growing premium to the market. High energy and fun individuals make a big part of this team’s success.
The North America Small Business Lead translates business insights into strategic initiatives, product roadmaps, and promotional campaigns that deliver against both our core customer needs and our company strategic and financial goals. We are looking for an individual with knowledge of the Small Business market (either as a Business owner or worked to serve the SB demographic). As the leader of this team, you would not only be responsible for guiding the strategy around: Notebooks, Desktops, Workstations, Servers, Chromebooks, Networking and Storage, but also, how all these are integrated with Services, S&P, Financing in a Marketing platform.
In the role, you will work on highly complex problems; provide insight into the issues and challenges which are forefront in the minds of the leadership team; gain exposure to senior-level decision-making; and establish relationships across all areas of the company.
- Lead and mentor the Small Business team
- Apply deep understanding of customers’ needs, technology infrastructure and the competitive landscape.
- Key stakeholder in developing the AOP and delivering the underlying assumptions that make up the plan from a LOB, Market growth and Competition perspective.
- Use customer feedback & market research, plus customer usage/segmentation and competitive analysis from NPD, IDC, Gartner, research databases to inform assortment decisions and enhancements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop, plan and implement new business initiatives by negotiating approvals to run quarterly promotional campaigns.
- Coordinate with the product team to manage multiple and varied technology transitions by platform and/or product line.
- Integrate deep subject matter expertise with: latest technology trends for business, product knowledge around enterprise level products, Industry experience, relevant related disciplines, business goals and strategy, adapt and integrate own experience with Dell-wide strategy, analyzes and forecast business and market trends.
- Decisions are strategic in nature, have long-term consequence, and tend to relate to business strategy, financial performance and effective resource utilization.
- Influence a broad spectrum of stakeholders toward achieving business goals.
- Ensure understanding of business IT solutions and technical matters by non-technical, executive decision makers.
- Develop mutually beneficial strategic alliances with cross functional partners.
- Undergraduate degree and 10 year’s relevant experience or Graduate degree and 8 year’s relevant experience.
- Experience in leading and managing teams
- Very strong understanding of business strategies and drivers, particularly in a sales organization
- Ability to effectively work and influence at all levels of the organization, particularly at the VP/SVP level
- Proficiency in using Microsoft tools including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
Listen. Learn. Deliver. That’s what we’re about.
Dell empowers countries, communities, customers and people everywhere to use technology to realize their dreams. Customers trust us to deliver technology solutions that help them do and achieve more, whether they’re at home, work, school or anywhere in their world. Learn more about our story, purpose and people behind our customer-centric approach.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **Marketing - Merchandising*
**Organization:** **Client Solutions*
**Title:** *NA Small Business Lead – Planning & Transformation - Round Rock, TX*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *1700009B*