NAD Principal IT Business Analyst - OneBMS
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Distribution Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis, IN for an NAD Principal IT Business Analyst. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects. Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Partners with business functions to define, determine, analyze, document and communicate the objectives, business requirements and priorities for information systems and solutions; works with application and technical experts on the solution design, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement of the information systems.
- Leads the effort, in conjunction with the business to define and document what constitutes business success for large or complex initiatives within a single organization. May work as part of a team on project definition and documentation for initiatives that cross organizations.
- Leads a group of analysts to elicit, analyze, and document functional requirements across the five aspects (process, information, event, socio-political, and location), as appropriate for the complex initiative.
- Elicits, analyzes, and documents non-functional business requirements
- Leads and conducts requirements management activities, as necessary. Seeks out and analyzes information regarding the impact of changes within an organization or between organizations, ensuring that the effects of changes are well understood and approved by all of the appropriate stakeholders.
- Leads and conducts solution assessment and validation to ensure that functional and technical specifications meet the identified business needs within the organization or across organizations
- Reviews test plans and testing methodology to mitigate risks and participates in testing the solution to ensure the solution meets functional and non-functional requirements within the organization or across organizations
- Conducts complex problem analysis and resolution as needed. Acts as a point of escalation for complex, non-routine problems.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with both business leaders and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
Skills and Experience Required:
- Coaches and mentors less experienced business analysts
- Significant relevant experience required. 5-7 years of experience.
- Lead and conduct requirements management activities associated with OneBMS
- Perform solution assessment and validation for OneBMS that support functional and technical specifications
- Maintain\acquire broad Distribution business knowledge
- Maintain\acquire broad knowledge of the BMS solution across multiple functional tracks
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Expert in 2 or more functional and business tracks
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required. Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.