Monsanto's Global Technology Development organization is looking for a TD Data Scientist
to join the Global TD Data Science and Analytics Team in support of the NALAN TD Organization. The role is responsible for the analysis of agronomic systems data, including germplasm performance trial data, biological solutions and agronomic factors. The TD Data Scientist will u tilize statistical and modeling methodologies, utilizing the tools of the data science community , advanced quantitative analysis (predictive modeling) and data mining techniques . The position will also be responsible for identifying, developing and implementing best management practices to optimize data usability, trial design and setup, data collection and validation. This is a dynamic role that requires cross functional collaboration with key internal stakeholders, including Breeding, IT, Global Supply Chain, The Climate Corp., Marketing & Product Management, Sales, and Global Technology Development & Agronomy teams. Key Responsibilities:
- Build and validate statistical models for the analysis of trial data based upon the finalized protocols for rapid analysis post-harvest.
- Provide clear and understandable validated analysis of trial results to internal customers to drive both strategic decisions, knowledge transfer, and marketing/sales support
- Development and validation of data cleansing, processing, & QA/QC procedures for the handling of spatially referenced data layers for the purpose of understanding the complex relationships between hybrid product performance and the environmental factors which influence such performance.
- Conduct internal statistical analysis of third party data on an as needed basis.
- Provide statistical analysis and reporting for TD & A related projects in support of other teams such as Regulatory, Marketing, Sales or others as needed
- Ensure quality control processes are established for verification and validation of data
- Identify and assess new opportunities for data reporting to further enhance product characterization and positioning
- Actively engage statistical services colleagues within other Monsanto disciplines for review of relative joint projects/experiments.
- B.S. or M.S. in statistics , mathematics, bioinformatics or other related quantitative or agronomic field, with at least 2 years of experience utilizing data management and/or analysis techniques
- Experience with data science informatics tools such as R, Python, SQL, etc., and data modeling methodologies, e.g., Bayesian, Random Forest, etc.
- Experience in data management, summarization and interpretation
- Expertise in wide range of statistical techniques including, but not limited to experimental design, linear and non-linear mixed models, multivariate statistics, non-parametric analysis, and Bayesian statistics
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms and building predictive models
- Clear proficiency in presentation, communication and team coordination skills
- Ability to work in a team environment but function independently.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver across requests from multiple teams and individuals
- Experience in both statistical analysis and agricultural field research with knowledge of key cropping systems in important agronomic crops
- A basic understanding of agricultural practices and conducting on-farm experiments
- An understanding of TD and Commercial business cycles, goals and objectives
- Drive for continuous improvements and critical thinking which can be translated into research initiatives and reporting outputs that deliver business value
- Experience with utilizing and modeling environmental data, including soils and weather data, especially for understanding genotypic interactions with environment
- Strong foresight, planning, prioritization and organization skills
- Works with a sense of urgency, identifies and overcomes obstacles, takes necessary risks; balancing big picture concerns with day-to-day activities
- Ability to identify and satisfy the needs of internal customers and continuously search for ways to provide value-added solutions
- Ability to work in a team environment and expresses a genuine intention to work cooperatively with others but function independently
- Ability to lead and influence activities of cross-functional teams without direct reporting relationships
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.