Nand-SSD Product Development Engineer Job Description
In this position, you will be working as part of the Silicon-Systems Nand Integratoin team within Intel's Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group NSG to design and implement test capabilities and firmware for future Intel Solid State Drives.The responsibilities will include but are not limited to:- Work with other architects to optimize overall SSD system performance- Assist in the design and implementation of tools that ensure the reliability, performance and endurance of Nand in SSDs.- Perform SSD performance data collection and analysis to support model development.- Participate in code reviews.- Ramp quickly on architecture, design/technical.The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits: - Problem solving skills.- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively both independently and in a team across multiple sites.Qualifications Education:
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree with 2 years' experience. Degree should be in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline. Minimum Requirements:
Other required Skills:
- 1 year previous experience in validation and verification of hardware or firmware including debugging failures
- 1 year previous experience in developing C/C code and or Python
- 4 months previous experience with NVM-based SSDs, including architectural and knowledge of NAND-management firmware algorithms.
- Strong leadership skills to work across a variety of engineering disciplines .
- Ability to logically organize and clearly present experimental data.
Inside this Business Group
- Ability to model complex systems using transactional system modeling such as System C.
- Familiarity with storage benchmarks and measurement/analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of SSD use cases, and the OS/driver/ISV software stack.
- Understanding of storage protocols including NVMe.
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.