Activision Publishing is currently looking for a Narrative Editor to join the Destiny franchise. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for producing and launching great games.
As the Narrative Editor on Destiny you will coordinate, track and produce various aspects for the narrative components of Destiny across multiple release for content in and out of the actual game. In partnering with both internal and external studios, your goals will be to manage the narrative elements from concept to release and deliver high quality and engaging stories and characters that achieve franchise initiatives, as well as ship on time and attain their financial goals. This entails day-to-day involvement with the development teams and key publishing stakeholders throughout all phases of development including pre-production, production, launch and beyond. Specific duties include ensuring milestones are delivered on-time and the narrative elements are meeting quality standards; helping maintain the creative vision for the game; input in managing development budget; tracking overall development of narrative; and working closely with all developers and cross-functional groups to deliver a title that meets all project and franchise goals.
This position is located on site at Bungie in Bellevue, Washington but will require travel to other locations including the Activision headquarters in Santa Monica, CA.
- Project Management
- Oversee narrative development of project SKU or SKUs, working with several developers as the day-to-day point of contact
- Track project milestones and development progress on ongoing basis to ensure product is on schedule
- Provide ongoing risk assessments to VP of Production with respect to quality, schedule, budget, and other aspects of production and provide proposed solutions for addressing issues
- Assist in maintenance of project development budget and learn/understand the process in creating it
- Help manage Activision central resources (e.g. art, design, programming, playtesting, QA) as needed to support the developer and ensure they are all working in a prioritized, effective and efficient manner
- Help manage outside vendors and contractors working on the project
- Communication/Relationship Management
- Develop strong relationship with development team in order to successfully collaborate, influence, and support them
- Be a trusted point of contact for cross-functional groups including Brand Management, Marketing, PR, etc.
- Make onsite visits to developers to continuously monitor development progress as part of overall management of associated SKU or SKUs
- Be an internal and external advocate for the project
- Creative Support
- Analyze narrative quality against industry standards and provide ongoing creative feedback to the developer to ensure the product is meeting quality, feature, and brand goals
- People Management
- Manage vendors, contractors and some team members on a day-to-day level, helping set the tone and pace for their work environment, guiding them in resolving issues, and helping develop their overall skills
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline (Project Management, Computer Science, Graphic Design or Animation) or equivalent level of industry experience required
- 2 years experience in creative narrative role within blockbuster entertainment industry (Film, TV, Books, Comics)
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and developers and influence outcomes
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills including organized and focused methods of working and task prioritization
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and development team cultures
- Positive attitude and passion for making games
- Commitment to staying current with production methodologies, ideas and processes
A little about us:
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.