Work with the North American Service Center, a domestic service center, to enhance the tax compliance process for the firm. Be one of the first professionals to be a part of this new service center at one of the top global accounting firms. Work in an environment that offers flexible hours throughout the year and the opportunity to connect with professionals all over the firm, as we build this national dynamic service center.
Supervisors work with large and small companies in various industries. They develop strong working relationships built on understanding our client’s businesses and challenges. Supervisors work on multiple team engagements each year, including several pieces of any particular assignment- not just one part. Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our supervisors perform at their best and integrate their career with their personal life.
We are currently seeking experienced full-time and part-time tax supervisors to assist our tax practice.
In your important role as Tax Supervisor you will be responsible for the following:
- Manage client needs with respect to federal and state tax compliance
- Develop, motivate, and train staff level team members
- Keep up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations
- Keep abreast of latest developments in tax and the Firm's standards and policies
- Develop an understanding of client’s business
- Bachelors Degree (is a plus) or transferable work experience
- 4+ years of experience working in an accounting related field (A/P, A/R, Bookkeeping, or familiarity with financial statements)
- Ability to effectively communicate in person and in writing
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills
- Accounting degree or other business related field (is a plus)
- Review of individual, trust, partnership, and corporate income tax returns
- Tax research
- Strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation
- Understanding of tax code and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance
- Working knowledge of excel, word, outlook
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.