McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is hiring a National Account Director - Home Care. This position is remote and is ideally based in St. Louis or Chicago but may be located anywhere in the territory within 45 minutes of an airport.
Travel for this position is a combination of car or plane, up to 80% of the time, and the territory is: Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio.
Position Description/General Job Family Information
Achieve combined sales, gross profit dollar and gross profit percent plans on existing customer base. Measure customer penetration, performance and margin contribution of programs and services in coordination with financial guidelines. Interface with CEO, COO, Vice Presidents and Directors from various departments within customer headquarters, including Sales, Operations, Accounts Payable, Information Technology and Training/Development. Establish, manage and monitor new processes to relieve or alleviate customer business concerns or work flow processes. Visit customer locations as necessary and call on corporate headquarters for monthly, quarterly or annual business reviews that will reveal potential issues causing pain in the customers systems. Establish ongoing performance requirements and ensure effective processes to monitor contract agreements to include: service levels, pricing, vendor agreements, and customer support. Identify and target potential new accounts. Cold call and gain access to key decision makers. Present McKesson value proposition and negotiate agreements for new business opportunities.
The National Account Director, Home Care, is responsible for managing mid- sized to large regional and national providers in the Durable Medical, Home Health Agency, Hospice, and E-commerce markets. Assigned customers have annual sales potential of at least $1M and annual sales of total customer portfolio will be in the 10 – 50 million range. We are seeking a true hunter to develop this territory.
- Close new business and manage existing customers.
- Achieve sales, gross profit, gross margin, AR, freight expense and operating expense objectives by managing existing and closing new customers of $1M and higher.
- Work with Sales Vice Presidents, Region Managers, and the entire field sales organization to manage existing customers and implement new customers.
- Responsible for working cross functionally with the legal, marketing, sales support, pricing, reimbursement services, McKesson Brand, accounts receivable, customer systems and operational teams to effectively deliver the McKesson value proposition while maintaining profitability and corporate compliance.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions when appropriate and provide feedback to organization regarding customer value prop, competitive landscape, etc.
- Attend and assist with attendance at national trade shows such as NAHC, Medtrade, or state trade shows as needed.
- Work with McKesson Patient Care Solutions (MPCS) to cross sell third party billing solution for urology, ostomy, tracheostomy, and advanced wound care patients.
- 5 years sales or sales management experience
- Demonstrated success selling to C-Suite
Additional Knowledge & Preferred Skills
- High level of knowledge of selling processes, legal processes, and financial acumen with understanding of balance sheets and basic accounting
- Must possess strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills
- Proficient with Outlook, Word and Excel
- Healthcare, long term care, home care or related industry strongly preferred
- Successful track record of closing and managing large and complex extended care customers preferred
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
Benefits & Company Statement
- Ability to carry and operate a laptop
- Ability to drive a vehicle to travel to sales appointments
- Ability to travel via plane to sales appointments or events
- Must be able to travel 80% of the time, with 1-2 overnights a week
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.