**Requisition ID:** 27227BR
**Job Title:** National Accounts Executive
**Division:** 2008: National Accounts
**Location:** 25208: Revere-320-A Charger St
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Exempt
The National Account Executive relies on a thorough understanding of the regional marketplace and works with significant autonomy to manage and execute the sales process for large and complex commercial and industrial accounts that require consolidated customer service, billing and reporting services. The National Account Executive acts as a critical link between the National Accounts sales team and field resources to address and orchestrate opportunities to partner and provide support and learning / training on National Accounts services, support and tools.
• Builds and manages a portfolio of geographically segmented prospects such as disposal, transportation, master service agreements and consolidated agreements within a defined regional geography. This includes creating strategic plans and market analysis while working directly with field sales teams and also utilizing current market data to target and acquire new customers for National Accounts.
• Acts as a link between National Accounts, special waste teams, and the field by openly communicating and participating in the selling approach for targeted, highly complex local and area marketplace accounts. Interfaces with and collaborates with key internal executives and personnel within Republic Services field groups to build a strong internal network of partnership and support.
• Formulates and leads appropriate National Account and field teams and technical resources to execute on a well-defined, highly collaborative pursuit strategy to acquire assigned targeted regional and / or national prospects. Orchestrates National Accounts and field resources effectively to close the sale.
• Leads account acquisition work, interfacing with and representing the company to senior leaders at prospective accounts. Provides the National Account Operations team appropriate data and client knowledge to effectively on-board new clients.
• Prepares and delivers a broad range of compelling sales presentations to multiple levels and environments within the prospect organization. Effectively manages the follow-up and negotiations with key leaders within client organizations.
• With an understanding of the legal implications of contracts, conducts contract negotiations to include involvement with legal review.
• Maintains and builds rapport with senior and C-level executives to formulate strong, long-term business relationships built on trust and confidence to satisfy key buying criteria and close deals.
• Develops and maintains a heightened awareness of market dynamics, emerging opportunities and competitive trends. Facilitates collection and communication of customer data for the organization.
• Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the company’s current product and service offering, pricing structure, contract management parameters, policies and procedures.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of sales experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience selling to large accounts or complex contracts.
• Experience identifying, negotiation and closing major sales opportunities.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques.
• Ability to analyze and interpret general business and sales reports. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• The ability to utilize strategic thinking skills to analyze market data as appropriate, execute effectively on plans and interface with client organizations.
• The ability to effectively represent the organization and apply good judgment and professionalism in business situations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Outlook and an ability to learn internal sales software system.
• Exceptional customer service skills with a fine-tuned ability to identify and understand customers’ needs and wants.
• The ability to conduct business with little direction and work in an autonomous manner; this includes the ability to be a self-starter and utilize a proactive approach to achieve results.
• Effective oral and written presentation skills to key decision makers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a positive attitude / outlook while conducting business with integrity, enthusiasm and creativity.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.