As a National Accounts Manager and member of Morgan Stanley Investment Management's Wealth Advisor Relationship Management Team, the individual will support a growing sales organization in building a distribution footprint in the Wealth Advisor Channel. The National Account Manager will partner with the Senior National Account Manager, Research Platform Manager, Sales and Marketing to drive sales, focused on the independent channel. The position will be focused on building strategic relationships with key home office personnel to ensure proper representation of investment products. Additionally, the position requires proactively seeking new opportunities to add and maintain products on client platforms and develop ways to drive business through marketing efforts and centers of influence. This position will also require business planning ownership in support of the department's sales efforts.
- Understand overall focus firm's business strategy, key players and initiatives
- Develop and maintain relationships with key home office personnel. Connect Sales Management with Centers of Influence.
- Coordinate with Research Platform Manager, to develop a business plan for each client firm focused on retaining current placement and identifying new opportunities.
- Understand and maintain a working knowledge of firm platforms and manager evaluation process.
-Maintain and update firm scorecard for department
- Establish excellent communications across functional areas of the firm-including portfolio management, marketing, legal and client service teams-to ensure seamless execution of business requests.
• 8 years of relevant experience/ Current relationships with independents firms preferred
• Series 7, 63 and/or 66 Licenses required
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• High degree of professionalism, organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure while managing multiple responsibilities
• Demonstrated success in taking initiative and delivering immediate and independent action to solve business problems
• Commitment to a team-oriented environment and a willingness to openly share ideas and leverage the expertise of others in order to generate new ideas
• Experience using research analytical tools including Zephyr Style Advisor and Morningstar Direct
• Travel Required
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.