Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Position Description
The National Director of Sales will provide leadership and establish direction for the sales function for the Leisure group, a $500+ million division of ARAMARK. In collaboration with the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, the Director will create and implement a framework in support of lodging, tour, meetings and catering event sales within portfolio which spans the United States.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building a strong sales focused culture within a multi-site environment. This includes developing the sales function for the division, which encompasses reporting tools, shared customer contact system, central rate positioning, centralized contract terms and process to make the property sales efforts more effective and profitable. He/she will be a leader for the function and will play a key role as a centralized point of contact for the identification and negotiation of new business for the division.
Specifically, the National Director of Sales will be responsible for: Administration and Finance
- Key contributor to the destination sales and marketing plan and budget by location
- Contributes to the development of the annual corporate sales plan, budget and successful execution
- Leads development of sales goals by location and individual, monitors, audits and processes sales incentive plan payouts
- Establishment of consistent reporting processes to fully understand the business activity by segment for Leisure
- Working closely with revenue management to establish pricing, value-add and establish consistent business rules around reporting and analysis of group business
- Experience with Delphi and Delphi FDC use and administration required
- Work with each of the property specific Directors of Sales and Marketing to establish process, modify business practices and evaluate business mix based on pricing and overall value to the location.
- Attend major market national or regional events, such as IACC, SGMP, MPI, Pow Wow, NTA, ABA and Go West to promote new business and increase sales.
- Identify and build relationships with potential business partners on behalf of the portfolio
- Monitor and guide use of reporting tools to assist the organization in sharing information and clearly targeting cross-sell opportunities to grow the business
- Work closely with each destination to understand the business and provide direction on positioning, as well as targets and activities which will grow the lodging, tour and meetings business
- Leverage one point of contact for partners contracting with multi-destinations
- Identify opportunities and solicit the business on behalf of ARAMARK
- Manage and leverage GSA relationships on behalf of the destinations
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key corporate business and travel industry accounts to maintain high visibility and increase market share
- Participate and contribute to new business development RFPs and presentations
Team Development and Management
- Work within the senior management team on strategic planning to set business strategies, priorities and plans for the Company as a whole.
- Develop and implement a sales pipeline strategy which will work to identify new segments of business benefiting both Parks and/or Conference Centers.
- Provide oversight, coaching and development of sales staff and expand proactive sales capability, allowing us to better define our business pipeline
- Work with senior leadership to align with enterprise-wide metrics to accurately track and measure the team's effectiveness
- Develop and manage performance related goals for the team. Assess individual and team skills, ensuring that we have the right people in the right roles
- Establish and monitor on-going sales training curriculum for destination sales and marketing staff
- Assist in development and implementation of catering sales plans
- Identify, manage and collaborate with culinary, operations and other functional areas to improve catering sales revenue
Qualifications: Candidate Qualifications
The successful candidate will have a minimum of seven to ten years of senior sales experience within the hospitality industry, in particular, parks and resorts and/or conference centers with an emphasis on group sales segments. The new National Director will possess the highest level of integrity and strong sense of personal accountability for business performance and for accomplishing the goals of the business.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in providing marketing and sales support to a multi-property hospitality organization.
- Demonstrated success working and building effective internal relationships that move the business forward within matrix, team-based environment
- Strong financial acumen
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Strong customer and client service focus
- Effective people management and staff development experience
- Dynamic presentation skills
The National Director of Sales should be a strategic thinker who is capable of developing and articulating a clear and compelling strategy. He/she will have the ability to partner effectively to implement programs through a multi-layered, fairly decentralized organization. The successful candidate will be a natural leader with high energy and sense of enthusiasm who can inspire and motivate others, thereby creating vision and commitment throughout the organization.
In addition, it is expected that the successful candidate will have the following personal attributes:
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- The ability to effectively manage others through influence without direct authority
- A self-starter, confident in his/her abilities, self-motivated and able to work effectively with little supervision
- A high energy, results-oriented individual who can make a difference: an individual who takes initiative ensures completion, accepts accountability and has a "can do" attitude; has a sense of urgency
- Creative and flexible in attitude and style to adapt to new situations in a rapidly changing dynamic environment
- A strong value system, unquestioned integrity and excellent listening skills.
The successful candidate will possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university. A master's degree is desirable, but not required. Compensation
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.