Responsible for providing solutions to improve operational efficiencies of the helium transfills, optimization of assets, standardization of equipment, and coordinating the efforts of multiple business units including procurement, supply chain, and the helium transfill operations.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the primary contact for the helium transfill operation
- Daily operational issues at 10 helium transfills
- ALHAI/AMG supply chain & product management for raw material
- National Scheduling Center for tube trailer demand & requalification
- Standardize fill equipment, recovery lines, compressors, and pumps
- Implement a maintenance program for fill/transfer equipment
- Reduce supply of raw material ISO containers while ensuring liquid availability between shipments
- Assemble capital requirements for upgrades and standardization
- Optimize helium dewar fleet: planning of new purchases, redeployment of slow moving assets, and primary coordinator for repairs via Airgas repair center and/or 3rd party
- Reduce product losses to less than 1%
- Assist in preparing fiscal year budget plans for Airgas business units
- Support tube trailer optimization efficiencies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A BS Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or equivalent experiences
- At least three (3) years of hands-on experience in process improvement and project management
- Working knowledge of Office products such as MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, project tracker, and SAP experience a plus
- Highly motivated individual and proven leader
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Considerable time will be spent in field operations in all types of locations.
- At least 50% away from home travel is required.
- All types of work environments may be encountered.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Qualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.