PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
The PwC network is a global market leader in tax services.
We assist businesses, individuals, and organizations with tax strategy, planning, and compliance, while also delivering a wide range of business advisory services.
With over 32,000 tax professionals, this means that the PwC network can support our clients both locally and globally.
We have experience working with an expansive and diverse client-base, which comprises all types of businesses-multinationals, local companies, privately-owned organizations, entrepreneurs, family businesses, trusts, partnerships, and private individuals.Job Description
The National Mergers and Acquisitions (M and A) group is comprised of subject matter specialists in the areas of Corporate and Partnership Tax M and A. The group advises multinational corporations, privately held companies, and partnerships on the tax aspects of planning, structuring, and executing transactions of all sizes including but not limited to the following:
-analyzes proposed restructuring and acquisition transactions;
-interprets complex statutory and regulatory actions relating to corporate and partnership transactions;
-performs quantitative analysis to assess the tax consequences of specific transactions;
-assist clients with regulatory and legislative initiatives;
- and, prepares for client review submission requests for private letter rulings and technical advice from the IRS.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 5
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Certification(s) Required: CPA, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar.
Degree Preferred: Juris Doctorate or Master's degree in Accounting or Taxation.
Demonstrates extensive-level knowledge success with managing the identification and addressing of client needs in the following areas:
- Mergers and acquisition practices, including corporate mergers and acquisitions, private equity, post deal integration, bankruptcy and corporate insolvency; and,
- Tax consulting and planning, transaction structuring for tax issues, restructuring, due diligence, strategy formulation and financial modeling.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
- Utilizing application and interpretation of U.S. federal income tax law as it relates to Subchapter C corporations, Subchapter S corporations, partnerships, consolidated groups, corporate bankruptcies and insolvencies, tax efficient structuring and use of debt, the reorganization provisions of the Internal Revenue Code, technical writing and reviewing of opinion letters and memoranda, as well as tax due diligence exercises;
- Identifying and addressing client needs, building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials; and,
- Acting as a team leader, supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.