Job Location: United States : New York : NY Alternate Job Location : Not Applicable : Not Applicable
You are known for consistently achieving exceptional group insurance sales results, while making a lasting impression on your brokers, clients and peers. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and like to push the envelope of change, while still being a trusted resource both inside and outside the corporate walls. You want to advance your career and further your success in a leadership role, while helping shape the strategic vision of a dynamic organization which will provide you the resources to succeed, and the autonomy to not hold you back. You want to leverage your deep relationships within the Canadian group employee benefits community, while expanding your horizons and knowledge in a more diverse global marketplace. Most importantly, you want to make a difference.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk about the role of National Sales Manager, Canada, for Voyageur Global Benefits (VGB).
- Champion and shape the overall Canadian business plan, and future growth programs and strategies for VGB, while helping achieve aggressive growth targets.
- Act as a strategic business partner to provide creative business thinking, and marketplace insight to VGB senior management, including key internal partners within marketing, operations, distribution, underwriting and finance functional areas.
- Own the sales relationships, and the sales process, of VGB global group insurance products directly to clients, or through broker/consultant relationships, throughout Canada.
- Prospect, grow and maintain strong relationships with brokers, clients and VGB distribution partners throughout Canada.
- Cross-sell, educate and develop both broker and client growth strategies, with Empire Life Account Executives.
- Become a trusted expert in the Canadian expatriate benefits market space and represent VGB throughout Canada as its sales leader at market-facing industry events.
- 5+ years previous experience successfully selling/servicing group insurance related products.
- Appropriate insurance licenses are required. Applicants who already hold any required licenses are preferred.
- All required licenses must be obtained and in good standing within three months following the date of hire.
- Enjoys working independently but collaborates successfully, in selling services and products to group clients.
- Proven track record of growing a book of business through product sales, prospecting efforts, upsells, and renewal support, throughout the Canadian marketplace.
- Ability to promote, sell, and educate others on the following international group insurance products: Expatriate Benefits including medical, dental, pharmacy, vision, life, disability, accident and business travel products.
- Can position cross-channel product offerings, and drive education within a Canadian domestic sales distribution force.
- Strategic Account Planning - builds reciprocal relationships with clients through open communications around mutual goals.
- Provides financial consultation to client organizations while exhibiting solid financial decision making capability.
- Maturity to help resolve escalated service or sales issues in a professional and experienced manner.
- Has savvy presentation skills and competence during client finalist meetings.
- Has experience in managing all aspects of the sales cycle including prospecting, development of broker/client relationship, and closure/implementation of the sale.
- Entrepreneurial leadership and development of business initiatives to drive enhanced growth within a corporate structure.
- Global/Expatriate benefits sales and/or service experience, and knowledge of international cultures is a major asset.
- Fluency in multiple languages (French) is a plus.
- BA or equivalent work experience.
Global Employee Benefits
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.