IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
Our Defense and Intelligence Industry is seeking an experienced Navy Industry Account Manager to be focused on growth and expansion within our Navy programs. This individual will be passionate and focused on cloud and analytics technologies being inserted into Navy programs and will have the ability to have a direct impact on supporting, improving and optimizing the Navy/Warfighter.
Preferred locations/regional areas:
- Mechanicsburg or York, PA
- Baltimore or Annapolis, MD
- Identifying potential clients and defining solutions to clients; meeting annual signings (sales) targets as established by practice leadership; developing solutions, as part of sales process to meet prospective client needs; collaborating with other sales professionals to generate and develop leads; leading pursuit teams from qualification through closure (including contract negotiation and execution)
- Expanding contract growth by leveraging Service Line SMEs to demonstrate additional IBM value
- Helping to facilitate SME Service Line introductions to Project Manager and drives cadence on the development of contract growth
- Providing support and leadership for all Active IDIQ vehicles
- Focusing on net new opportunity growth leveraging all Service Lines
- Maintaining up to a $10M sized program pipeline of opportunities quarterly - targets should be net new clients and programs that could bolster long range big deal Captures
- Maintaining over $20M sized program pipeline of big deals in the pipeline for the next and following years
- Leading business development initiatives/efforts
- Maintaining a current call plan of clients, potential partners and competitors
- Conducting cadence to maintain opportunity development with the Industry team and Sector Lead
- Developing big deal briefing decks with clear messaging
- Ability to obtain a clearance at the Public Trust level
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population. CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role. CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.