Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
5-10 years of direct experience within Consumer Health, bio-pharma, pharmaceuticals or other related industries
MS in Engineering
Six Sigma Certification (Green/Black Belt)
Job Description Summary-
To provide process engineering and product ownership to the Memphis site in an effort to satisfy the site Growth Strategy in addition to strategy deployment associated with Safety, Quality, and Continuous Improvement (CiP) program initiatives. This new position is being created to ensure that all base-business processes are supported along with new product introductions, technology transfer products, and raw material sourcing for business continuity.
Experience in process development, experimental design/statistical analysis, process optimization and scale-up
Familiar with new product introduction, technology transfer, and process/equipment validation
Working knowledge of various manufacturing processes and unit operations including powder/material handling and dispensing, roll compaction, dry blending/milling, tablet compression, and secondary packaging
Basic knowledge of process control systems
Continuous improvement background with knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma/OE tools and techniques
Understanding of Quality by Design (QbD) principles and process analytical technology (PAT)
Experience using coaching/mentoring techniques and interpersonal communication skills in working with a diverse population at all levels of the company (i.e. shop floor to global corporate partners)
Competency in technical writing
Demonstrated track record of success leading multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direction.
• Serve as a technical lead/product owner for manufacturing process development and continuous improvement activities associated with quality, yield, waste, cycle time, safety, and process robustness across a portfolio of consumer healthcare products in the OTC and oral care categories.
• Propose and implement process improvements, monitor process capability, and conduct product performance assessments using statistical analysis to support the Product Lifecycle Management program.
• Conduct investigations of process deviations to determine root cause/corrective actions
• Perform technical risk assessments and develop product control strategies for assigned products
• Author and execute plant trials to resolve process challenges as well as implement new improvements.
• Author/revise Batch Records, SOPs, technical reports, technical change controls, and other site documentation
• Conduct technical training on processes and procedures to all levels of the organization
• Collaborate with R&D to ensure Design for Manufacturing principles are used for optimization of new product/technology introduction
• Support both internal and external manufacturing associated with new product introduction and technology transfer programs
• Support site functions (i.e. Engineering, EHS, Operations, etc.) with technical expertise including process validation initiatives, engineering capital projects, etc.
• Provide support to site process safety program
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.