Eaton Crouse-Hinds in Syracuse, NY is looking for an NC Machine Operator on 1st Shift.
Perform a wide range of machining operations on two or more Numerically Controlled Machines
Assist in the setting up of the equipment as directed.
Work with operation sheets, tapes and blueprints as required. Operational sequences generally prescribed.
Required to change tooling, load automatic tool changes and maintain quality standards by checking parts with adjustable or fixed gauges.
Assist in isolating and correcting malfunctions in machining control units.
Perform various internal operations related to producing a finished product. Move material to and from work stations.
Maintain work area, machines and control units in a clean, neat and orderly condition.
Perform Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) activities such as minor maintenance that includes cleaning, inspection, minor lubrication and tightening loose bolts.
Refer unusual conditions to proper supervision.
Follow standard or prescribed safety regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of six months machinist experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area of Syracuse, NY will be considered for this position.
Minimum one year CNC machinist experience working with both manual and CNC machines
Experience working with blueprints, schematics, and related drawings
Familiar with machine shop math
- Moderate physical effort equivalent to continuous light, frequent average, occasional heavy manual effort applied in various ways in performance of job duties.
- Application of some specialized knowledge and experience the use of judgment to plan and perform a sequence of operations or procedures within the limits of standard or recognized methods and established precedent.
- The ability to use shop mathematics together with the use of blueprints, charts, tables, specifications, and a variety of precision making instruments such as micrometers, gauges and the like requiring interpretation in their various applications.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.