The NDT Surveillance Inspector works independently under general supervision performing complex tasks to review and verify that the castings are inspected to customer specifications.
This position requires an operator to be FPI Level II certified OR RT Level II certified AND achieve Level 2 certification in both disciplines within 1 year of hire.
- Inspect all FPI Audits and X-Ray film checks.
- Contact engineers, supervision, and FPI/RT Level III to inform of problems on specific parts.
- Audit all Level II’s weekly and maintain records.
- Audit to ensure all equipment checks are performed each shift as required by department Activity Instructions.
- Perform special projects for Engineering and/or Level III.
- Must work overtime as needed (weekends, end of month, etc.).
- Develop RT techniques as directed by the RT Level III.
- Complies with all EHS rules related to the work environment.
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of inspecting parts as required by product criteria.
- Ability to determine whether parts should be forwarded to next process or returned for more rework or scrapped.
- Ability to communicate with inspectors and relate reasons for approvals, rework or rejections. Keep records of results.
- Must meet all requirements of FPI Level II Inspector position X-Ray Level II Inspector position and possess Level II certification.
- Independent judgment is frequently required.
- Must pass customer required certification with composite score of 80% every five years.
- Must be able to perform constant mental concentration and close visual examination of various casting configurations under black light.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Work requires basic skills in reading, writing and math plus the use of fractions and/or decimals. The ability to perform interpretive defect analysis, follow simple instructions and visual aids.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written and verbal instructions and sketches.
- Must be able to train new readers.
A little about us:
Alcoa is a global leader in lightweight metals technology, engineering and manufacturing, innovating multi-material solutions that advance our world.