The Woman's Hospital of Texas - Houston, TX Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) - NICU Transport Team PRN The Woman's Hospital of Texas
opened in 1976 and ever since has remained the state's premier facility dedicated solely to the health of women and newborn infants. Located near the Texas Medical Center, Woman's offers 397 licensed beds, including a NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and a full range of women's health services and newborn infants.
More than 650 board-certified physicians at Woman's offer their expertise and an outstanding level of quality care in the areas of gynecology, obstetrical care, high-risk pregnancy and minimally invasive surgery. The Woman's Hospital of Texas
is currently looking for an Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) - NICU Transport Team.
- In collaboration with the Neonatal Transport Manager, Transport Team Director and Medical Director, is responsible and accountable for individual nursing practice and, when applicable, appropriately delegates tasks to provide optimum patient care.
- Accountable for assessment and development of the medical plan of care for the air and ground inter-facility transport sick newborns in accordance to neonatal transport protocols and in collaboration with the referring and receiving physicians.
- Participates in the development of guidelines for the neonatal transport service and serves as a resource for all transport team members and patient families.
- Participates in NICU staff education and community outreach programs to assist caregivers in acquiring and maintaining adequate knowledge and competencies to care for sick newborns.
- Evaluates and applies knowledge of age-related factors in the assessment, care, and treatment of sick newborns and communication/education for their families.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities in the NICUs and with other service areas.
- Accurately and completely documents all aspects of care given to the transport patient requiring transport in the transport record.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness. As requested, assists with marketing the transport service to our community.
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the transport patient and the family.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicates effectively with the multidisciplinary team to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the Neonatal Transport Team.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's Degree in Nursing or completion of an accredited Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Program required
- Current RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing required
- Concurrent approval to practice advanced practice nursing in the State of Texas required
- NCC Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Certification
- BLS certification required
- NRP certification required
- STABLE certification required
- ACLS certification preferred
- 2 years NNP experience with previous ground and air transport experience preferred.