Wedbush Securities (WS) is one of the largest securities firms and investment banks in the nation. We provide innovative financial solutions through our Private Client Services, Capital Markets, and Clearing & Execution divisions. Our Los Angeles office is seeking a Network Administrator to analyze, design, install, configure and maintain the network infrastructure.
The Network Administrator will perform a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure proper network performance and satisfactory user experience. The selected candidate is expected to provide direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations, installations and upgrades.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Configure and setup Cisco firewalls, SSL VPN appliances and security appliances to allow access to the corporate network
• Configure and install client/server network software to upgrade and maintain network and telecommunication systems.
• Provide support and technical assistance to helpdesk staff, administrators, service providers and outside vendors
• Troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware & software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
• Evaluate network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency.
• Plan and execute system/network installations, configurations, and equipment tests
• Define network policies and procedures
• Deep technical understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
• Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
• 2+ years direct experience working with Cisco Routers and Switches required
• Current CCNA or equivalent skill level required
• Cisco Prime configuration and infrastructure a plus
• Knowledge of VoIP and wireless implementation and support
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently and drive projects to completion
• Windows Server 2003 & 2008, and Exchange a plus
• Able to maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN, Firewalls, and IPS
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.