We are seeking an experienced Network Administrator for our Coalinga office. This person will be responsible for all of the network systems (data and voice), and will work closely with IT system administration. The client is a dynamic diversified company with a variety of Agriculture, Food Process, and Hospitality applications.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities include:
• Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
• Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
• Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
• Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
• Educates users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
• Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
• Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills and Attributes:
Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Documentation of Network, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Quality Focus, Technical Understanding, Quick Study
Experience and Education:
• Bachelor's degree in computer related field is preferred.
• Windows OS required, familiar with MS Office, and Visio a plus
• Proficient with Networking and Routing, and multi-location environments
• Platforms: CISCO IOS(v12.x), FortiGate firewalls, Force 10/Dell switches, Ruckus wireless
• Infrastructure Services: DHCP, DNS, SMTP, FTP, TFTP
• Port: channel, VLANS, VTP, STP, RSTP, 802.1q
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.