Robert Half Technology is actively searching for a Network Administrator for one of our top clients in the Conyers, GA Area. Robert Half offers Healthcare and benefits.
Support all servers, telecommunication and voice systems, desktop and portable computers, servers and data networks, and end-users by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. They are not intended to cover each aspect of the position as the scope and duties of a given position may change or be temporarily altered based on the business needs of Snapping Shoals EMC. The basic requirement of every position is to perform all tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• Performs all duties and possesses the complete skill set of the Technical Analyst I position.
• Maintain, specify, configure, upgrade and install windows servers and associated software options to include: Active Directory, IIS, DHCP, DNS, WSUS, WDS, HTTP, SSL, FTP, TELNET, LDAP and others as needed.
• Maintain, specify, configure, upgrade and install network application software, including: Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SMB/CIFS and Oracle database servers.
• Maintain, specify, configure, upgrade and install Unix/Linux servers, including network and system configurations, updates and patches, user and security settings, performance tuning and application configurations.
• Maintain a tape backup system and inventory of LAN servers onsite and offsite to facilitate both disaster recovery efforts and to provide quick restoration of missing data.
• Maintain and support firewalls, packet filters, proxy services, intrusion detection systems, content control, antispyware and other network securities as needed.
• Support all LAN/WAN/WLAN infrastructures inside and outside off the main operational facility, to include branch offices, substations, and tower sites.
• Conceptualize, design, approve and document new server projects and concepts related to network security, network engineering as well as security processes, procedures and policies.
• Communicates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems.
• Negotiates contracts with and coordinates activities of hardware, software, telecommunications, support, and training vendors.
• Monitors systems for performance and hardware issues using various hardware and software tools.
• Performs preventative maintenance and equipment repairs.
• Researches and evaluates new technology and incorporates the technology into the existing computer network.
• Devises and designs computer system requirements for moderately difficult to complex problems and formulates procedures for their solutions.
• Evaluates, explains and recommends replacement or new software, hardware, products and services for management.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.