Serves as Network Administrator for WAN (Wide Area Network) and management of network, phones and other systems interfacing with the network; assumes lead role in PC network policy recommendations, network planning, equipment installation, network operations, and repair of network components; provides guidance, mentoring, and network assignments for the Helpdesk Technicians.
• Evaluate user needs and system functionality.
• Ensure IT facilities meet the needs of individuals and projects.
• Plan, develop and implement the IT budget; obtaining competitive prices from suppliers, where appropriate, to ensure cost effectiveness.
• Schedule upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems.
• Research and install new systems.
• Ensure the smooth running of all IT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provisions.
• Ensure that software licensing laws are adhered to.
• Provide secure access to the network for remote users.
• Ensure the security of data from internal and external attack.
• Provide users with appropriate support and advice.
• Manage crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
• Mentor and train new IT support staff.
• Keep up to date with the latest technologies.
• Create and document IT procedures and processes and share this documentation with other IT members.
• Manage the Help desk, giving support to staff as required.
• Assist in installation of new hardware and software, updates and patches, supporting the network.
• Provide workstation support (hardware and software).
• Participate in capacity planning in the definition, selection, and implementation of communication equipment and data networks.
• The application of systems analysis techniques and practices, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specification.
• Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science and two years related experience or Associate's Degree in computer science and six years related experience.
• MCSE certification preferred.
• Experience in PC usage and hardware/software support.
• Broad knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and operating systems.
• Ability to diagnose problems over a WAN in remote locations.
• Ability to install, troubleshoot, and support personal computers, network and data communications software and hardware and be familiar with basic programming logic, processing concepts and terminology and processing rigors.
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills to supervise staff and communicate effectively with staff members.
• Ability to assess needs and utilize problem solving for resolution.
• Strong analytical abilities and diagnostics skills to make decisions and be resourceful in obtaining information.
• Lifting requirement up to 40 lbs.
• Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position when performing the following: standing, walking, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling and climbing.
• Responsible for the supervision of the Helpdesk Staff.
if interested please email your resume to email@example.com
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.