U.S. Medical Management (USMM), an affiliate of a leading Fortune 250 company, manages a nationwide continuum of premier providers of medical services delivered primarily to the homes of elderly and home-bound patients. Providing primary home care is the future of medicine, and at USMM, the future is now. With the knowledge and experience to address the evolution of healthcare, USMM is poised for a phenomenal future.
This is an entry-level position providing support for the USMM desktop, telecom and network environments. Duties:
Under the direction of an IT Manager, the technician will perform entry level tasks in many of the following areas:
- Basic end-user support for mobile, desktop, printers, telecom and networking issues.
- Administer basic functions: passwords resets, reassign extensions, voice mail passwords and configure phones, laptops, VDIs, printers, tablets, and cell phones for new users.
- Assist help desk, server and network engineers in various projects, from requirements gathering, solution implementation and creating operational documentation.
- Work with system monitoring tools and escalate issues to appropriate team.
- Work with end-users of various levels of technical expertise to resolve tickets regarding any of the above.
- Work with internal and external vendors to resolve emerging issues.
- Repair, test, clean, refurbish and ship laptops, tablets, VDI, desk phones, cellular phones, printers.
- Monitor and track inventory for various equipment.
- Occasional travel will be required.
Applicable experience, education and certifications would be considered.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with all levels of personnel, both internally and externally, including end-users, management, different business units and vendors.
- Solid understanding of computers and networking technologies.
- Excellent communication and outstanding customer service skills.
- Preferred vendor certifications, e.g. A+, Network+, CCNA, MCP, etc.
- Associate degree in IT related field or at least 45 credits towards an IT degree with good academic record.
- Passion for details, well organized, adept soft skills and effective communication skills.
- Willing to learn and work with new technologies.
- Valid driver's license
- Healthcare industry experience a plus.
- Must pass a background check
You will be supporting the day-to-day operations of USMM and its associated companies, who are national leaders in the home healthcare field. We currently have 43 offices in 10 states across the country. You will have the opportunity to work with a great team in a challenging environment.
A little about us:
Our mission is to provide high quality, compassionate and cost-effective care to our patients through clinical leadership, outcomes management and maintaining an ethical workplace.