Network Data Compliance Analyst
The Network Data Compliance Analyst supports Risk management activities, operational technical compliance and audit activities across the data/voice network environment for the purpose of providing consistent operations and infrastructure stability across technology platforms.
This position is accountable for daily governance of all Risk management activities, adherence in supporting security compliance standards across devices/platforms, patch and vulnerability management, internal/external security scans and audit initiatives to ensure we deliver a secured and reliable network across all technology suppliers. It is responsible to ensure all network associates and peer IT teams efficiently comply with all the security control policies, processes and procedures in order to minimize the security/vulnerability risk into our network. The associate will work closely with our Information Security and Audit department and other technical support teams to address operational issues. The work is performed under minimal supervision with the associate exercising independent judgment adherent to a Technical Compliance position.
Summary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Risk, Technical compliance and Audit subject matter expert (SME) for daily operational governance.
- Daily interactions with our Data Operations and Engineering department to ensure we are adhering to the security standards across all platforms such as routers, switches, load-balancers, firewalls, DNS, etc. (Cisco, Checkpoint, F5, MPLS, Get Encryption, Wireless, Bluecoat, etc.).
- Work closely with the Information Security department on remediating potential risk and vulnerabilities to our network infrastructure.
- Proactively develop/utilize reporting to drive trending, analysis, and recommendations to improve our compliance process, procedures and workflows.
- Capable of technically communicating and providing compliance guidance across various support team to drive resolve.
- Participates and communicate high-profile and chronic security remediation efforts to stakeholders.
- Accountable for performing against Network Audit activities, provide viable finding responses and reporting metrics on progress and deliverables.
- Ensure other supporting teams are exercising the appropriate controls and compliance checklist when deploying or upgrading new platforms (design, installations, configurations, maintenance)
- Maintain a solid knowledge of information security principles, best-practices and a thorough understanding of the basics behind networking and security protocols.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and internal and external Auditors
- High school diploma, GED/Equivalent or Military experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in driving Network and Security Risk activities, and technical compliance adherence
- At least 3 years’ experience in supporting Network and Security devices for an IT organization
- At least 2 years’ experience in supporting Network Data Audit activities
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- At least 2 years’ experience in Project management
- At least 1 year of experience in Agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years’ experience in driving Network and Security Technical Compliance adherence
- 5 years of experience in supporting Network and Security devices for a IT organization
- At least 3 years’ experience in Project management
- At least 3 year of experience in Agile methodologies
- 3 years’ experience in supporting Network Data Audit activities
- 1 year of experience in Business Objects, Sharepoint, and Tableau reporting experience.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.