Network Development Engineer Director
Dell is looking for a highly energetic and technically competent Engineering Development Manager with proven track record to be part of the leadership team responsible for development of the next generation of Dell Networking platforms. Dell Networking is known in the industry as the most visionary company in this area. Dell is executing on its vision aggressively and therefore is looking for leadership to be part of this journey.
The individual will not only be managing a team of highly technical software developers, but also has to be able to provide leadership to the broader Dell Networking Engineering team members including test, program management and engineering operations. The role will additionally require strong business acumen, and ability to communicate across leadership not only within the networking business unit (BU), but also across other key BUs. Technically, we require strong background in Linux development environments.
The candidate will be responsible for:
· Providing technical leadership to the group in working with Dell Networking Architecture team
· Executing on functional and business goals for the group.
· Meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
· Communicating and translating Dell vision/strategy to staff.
· Addressing problems across functional areas of the business.
· Influencing individuals within and outside of Dell Networking BU.
· Career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members.
· Preparing and presenting
· reports to all levels of leadership and staff.
The ideal candidate will require to have:
· Minimum of 15 years Management experience in high tech engineering
· Masters or Equivalent Computer Science or EE
· L2/L3 knowledge
· Understanding of open source integration with purchased stacks
· Managed cloud infrastructure
· In-depth experience with Software Development methodologies including agile
· Highly effective written and oral communication skills
· Development experience with Linux
· Able to manage diverse teams
· Able to motivate, and have great Interpersonal and energetic character
**Job:** **Engineering - Network Development Engineer Manager*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Network Dev Engineer Director*
**Location:** *CA-Santa Clara*
**Requisition ID:** *16000OOM*