Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Remote - Home Based-- This is a hands-on network engineering and support role within a unique cloud environment, not a typical enterprise network. The successful candidate will have a maniacal focus on automation, and will constantly consider how to avoid solving the same problem more than once.
Join a progressive, growing company with first-class benefits, competitive compensation, and more!
• Participate in engineering design sessions and contribute to the over-arching network architecture based on new customer requirements.
• Designs network solutions that effectively utilize the capabilities of Networking products Coordinates with multiple vendors/departments to deliver network-related hardware, software, and management systems
• Investigates and resolves problems, inefficiencies, and performance issues
• Works with customers to understand issues faced with portions of the solution and work with the team to determine a solution.
• Works with internal product managers to determine network requirements for new service lines. Once requirements are obtained, work with engineering team to determine desired solution
• Works with lab team to standup testing infrastructure in the lab to test the above design and architecture. Ensure significant testing is done to confirm the requirements of the particular service offering
• Creates reference architect documentation to socialize the architecture to the rest of the organization. This also includes running training workshops to train the operations team so that they can support the infrastructure moving forward.
• Works with internal development teams to ensure appropriate usage of networking equipment and software in customer-facing solutions
• Provides ongoing information to leadership, customers, and peers regarding networking products, programs, enhancements, innovations and solutions
• Proactively analyze the network environments you are responsible for to look for and resolve potential problems before they occur
• Use good judgment to balance competing priorities when handling multiple incidents as well as project-based work
• Assist senior network engineers in the design and implementation of new infrastructure, and participate in implementing changes to the environment
• Develop automation, processes, and tools to make deploying and supporting the infrastructure simpler, more reliable, and faster
• Ensure network documentation is developed and maintained
• Controls, tests and analyzes the status and performance of all network components Identifies, diagnoses and resolves problems of moderate scope and complexity
• Assists senior level network engineers to analyze as well as provide innovative solutions for network engineering and design projects
• Applies full understanding of internetworking design elements including cost versus performance tradeoffs, protocol interoperability, network architecture development, and requirements for testing / proof of concept
• Mentors other associates on network technology development and implementation
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Must be able to obtain a US Passport for travel to many foreign countries as required (present possibilities include: Ireland, United Kingdom, EU Countries, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, China, Dubai)
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 7 or more years of network engineering experience in an architecture role
- Working knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, and routing protocols
• Experience with protocol analysis, network analyzers, packet capture devices, or Wireshark
• Familiar with UNIX and Windows servers, VMware, and their networking capabilities and requirements
• Knowledge of network security concepts, firewalls, and load balancers both virtual and physical
• Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members, communicating with both technical and non-technical a udiences
- Experience with advanced concepts of key routing protocols like OSPF and BGP
- Understanding of the Cisco VXLAN design concepts
- Experience with service provider concepts which include MPLS, LDP, LSR, TE
- Experience with VMware suite of products like VCS and NSX networking
- Familiarity with pyton and ruby scripting
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members, communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R19969
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.