Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Remote - Home Based-- This is a hands-on network engineering and support role within a unique cloud environment, not a typical enterprise network. The successful candidate will have a maniacal focus on automation, and will constantly consider how to avoid solving the same problem more than once.
Join a progressive, growing company with first-class benefits, competitive compensation, and more!
• Ability to quickly understand the network architecture and design so that they can use those concepts to quickly deploy production datacenters around the world
• Conducts analysis, prepares reports, and provides keep feedback to the engineering team in terms of the inefficiencies in the deployment process along with suggesting solutions around improving the design for a particular service line
• Participate in engineering design sessions and contribute to the over-arching network architecture based on new customer requirements.
• Designs network solutions that effectively utilize the capabilities of Networking products Coordinates with multiple vendors/departments to deliver network-related hardware, software, and management systems
• Investigates and resolves problems, inefficiencies, and performance issues
• Works with customers to ensure that deployments are implemented in a timely fashion, providing clear communication to the project managers and implementation teams. Ability to coordinate activities between multiple members of various implementation teams
• Works with internal development teams to ensure appropriate usage of networking equipment and software in customer-facing solutions
• Provides ongoing information to leadership, customers, and peers regarding networking products, programs, enhancements, innovations and solutions
• Proactively analyze the network environments you are responsible for to look for and resolve potential problems before they occur
• Use good judgment to balance competing priorities when handling multiple incidents as well as project-based work
• Assist senior network engineers in the design and implementation of new infrastructure, and participate in implementing changes to the environment
• Develop automation, processes, and tools to make deploying and supporting the infrastructure simpler, more reliable, and faster
• Ensure network documentation is developed and maintained
• Controls, tests and analyzes the status and performance of all network components Identifies, diagnoses and resolves problems of moderate scope and complexity
• Assists senior level network engineers to analyze as well as provide innovative solutions for network engineering and design projects
• Applies full understanding of internetworking design elements including cost versus performance tradeoffs, protocol interoperability, network architecture development, and requirements for testing / proof of concept
• Mentors other associates on network technology development and implementation
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Must be able to obtain a US Passport for travel to many foreign countries as required (present possibilities include: Ireland, United Kingdom, EU Countries, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, China, Dubai)
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 7 or more years of network engineering experience in an operational role
- Working knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, and routing protocols
• Experience with protocol analysis, network analyzers, packet capture devices, or Wireshark
• Familiar with UNIX and Windows servers, VMware, and their networking capabilities and requirements
• Knowledge of network security concepts, firewalls, and load balancers both virtual and physical
• Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members, communicating with both technical and non-technical a udiences
- Experience with advanced concepts of key routing protocols like OSPF and BGP
- Understanding of the Cisco VXLAN design concepts
- Experience with service provider concepts which include MPLS, LDP, LSR, TE
- Experience with VMware suite of products like VCS and NSX networking
- Familiarity with pyton and ruby scripting
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members, communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R19981
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.