Network Development Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 16000TCJ
Network Development Engineer - Santa Clara, CA
Dell is looking for fresh Graduate Software Engineers to work on Dell’s innovative open networking & virtualization technology products. You will have an opportunity to work with some of the most cutting edge IT technologies available today: such as network virtualization, open networking technology, resilient-high density full-featured switches. You will work in a fast paced environment with an experienced and highly technical team of Dell engineers to solve a wide variety of unique and fascinating problems.
- Design and development of software for embedded networking products. Areas of development can include Routing/Switching protocols, Network management, Platform and software drivers and OS/Infrastructure
- The engineer would be required to work with Product Management and engineering to define product requirements, design software components that align to the product architecture, implement and deliver code to the test organization and support bug fixing and customer issues reported from the field
- Proficiency in C/C
- Basic knowledge in routing and switching protocols and data center topology
- Basic knowledge in OS (Linux/NetBSD) fundamentals, file systems, scheduling, threading and virtualization
- Basic knowledge of HW/SW interfaces and real-time aspects
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers
**Job:** **Engineering - Network Development Engineer*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Network Development Engineer in Santa Clara, CA*
**Location:** *CA-Santa Clara*
**Requisition ID:** *16000TCJ*