Software Engineer - Network Development Intern
PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY!
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world s workforce in ways no other company can. We re much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works. Do You
- Desire an operations job that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product?
- Enjoy problem solving from the network all the way through the application stack?
- Think that automation is a key component to operating a large-scale system?
- Want to work on a product that impacts millions of users and handles thousands of transactions per second?
Our Global Network Engineering and Operations team supports the company's production network supporting LinkedIn.com. We are seeking an engineering intern to work directly with our Network Engineering and Development teams and build automation software and multi-purpose tools to build, provision, and maintain large networks at scale. We also need your help in building out a large CI/CD unit test and platform regression test platform. You will be challenged by writing robust tools to support a wide variety of devices; data analysis; and ultimately performing an action to remediate problems. We re building a self-healing network one step at a time. Responsibilities
- Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications, potentially becoming a primary point responsible for the overall health and performance of one or more of them
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with scale, operability, and performance in mind
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Currently pursuing a B.A./B.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science, or related technical field
- Expected to complete degree by September 2018 or earlier
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Java
- Network engineering coursework and/or experience
- Systems administration experience or background (ideally for an Internet-facing app)
- Experience with ROBOT framework
- Python experience, specifically for systems automation
- Development experience on an internet facing or back-end application.
- Strong interest in UNIX/Linux systems administration and/or DevOps
- Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills and problem-solving ability
- Deep knowledge of most of these: data structures, relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, and related topics
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
To successfully apply to this role, please complete the following so we can see your passion for network engineering!
- Submit a resume in pdf format
- Please emphasize (put in summary at top of resume) your network engineering experience in your resume
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.